My PC Won't Boot into Window

PC_Cone

Beta member
Hi All,

I have a Dell Inspiron PC which is about 8 or 9 years old and it is running Windows 7 Pro. It won't boot into Window after I hit the power button. The PC does making the humming sound (Fan noise?). There is a solid green light by the power cord. There is no mouse, monitor or keyboard connection.

I was lucky enough to made it to work after I unplugged the power cord yesterday. But the luck ran out today. I have unplugged the power cord multiple times and the PC won't boot into Window.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

I take it that there is no display at all. First thing to do is to unplug any RAM chips and replug them making sure they are properly seated.

I take it that there is no display at all. First thing to do is to unplug any RAM chips and replug them making sure they are properly seated.
Hi, it worked after following your advise. Thanks so much!
It is a bit strange that the RAM chips caused that problem as I have never opened the computer. They gone loose by themselves.. I may need to replace the RAM (total 16 gb of 2RX8). if the same issue arise again in the future. What is the max number of RAM I can add to the PC?

Glad it worked for you. It's a very common problem with all computers. When I worked in a computer repair business the very first thing I did when delivering a repaired pc was reseat the ram. I do not know why they come unseated but the sockets are not very large and there is a certain amount of vibration within the pc from the fans. Of course moving a computer can also unseat the RAM chips. As to how much RAM your computer can take I have no idea. You will have to give us the motherboard model number. I wouldn't think an 8 year old Dell Inspiron could take any more than 16 Gb to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom