Windows 8.1

If I were you, I will just downgrade my os to windows 7 Ultimate if you check the reviews on win 8!

If I were you, I'd actually try Win8 before bashing it. I've been running it for a good year now, and it's been fine for me and everybody that I know IRL that actually uses it.

Really its just a matter of UI preference. Functionality is pretty similar for both..certainly Windows 8 isn't less functional.

Windows 8 has its issues that some here still like to ignore just because they don't have them.

I've been using Windows 8 for the last 2 months daily and have yet to come across anything in it that made me think I need to return to Windows 7. What issues have you encountered out of curiosity?

I've been using Windows 8 for the last 2 months daily and have yet to come across anything in it that made me think I need to return to Windows 7. What issues have you encountered out of curiosity?
In short, stability issues. I've only found one person with the same SSD problem I got and only a handful of people that used to have the program crashing issue but that's gone.

Edit: Well from what I can tell. I didn't use those 3 programs together when I had 8.1 recently on my machine.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not as the update isn't available for me in store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately not as the update isn't available for me in store.
You can't upgrade to Win8.1 *if*:
a. You're using Win8 Enterprise
b. You're using Win8 Professional that's activated using either KMS or MAK's.

On all others, you should be able to.

The 8.1 update won't be available in the store until you get an update from M$ to fix the problem. After you update your Windows 8 then the option to update to 8.1 should be available in the store
If your pc does not meet the requirements to get 8.1, you'll see a message stating your SOL. The system requirements are higher for 8.1 than they are for Windows 8

Back
Top Bottom