Windows 7 upgrade question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
in order for me take advantage of the windows 7 upgrade, what must I possess to do it?
I am currently running windows XP, will I just need my winodws XP CD key or something else?

You must posses a previous copy of Windows Vista with a legit serial. You can not upgrade XP to Win7. It will require a clean install. You must also comply with the sites requirements to get the price that they offer. Other than that nothing but a PC that can run Win7.

this thread:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/mi...7-pricing-upgrade-programs-210421/index2.html

Has already answered just about every question along with giving resources to find out as well.

Windows: Windows 7 Pre-Order Offer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The pre-order FAQ directly from M$. All information will be within those threads.

Mak, on that thread you linked you mentioned a family pack. Is that something separate I have to purchase or is every upgrade allowed to be installed on 3 computers?

Mak, on that thread you linked you mentioned a family pack. Is that something separate I have to purchase or is every upgrade allowed to be installed on 3 computers?

No that is separate. The serials for Win7 are just the same as every other version of Windows before it. 1 Serial = 1 machine. The family pack is not a Retail or OEM Serial. It is a MAK or Multi Activation Key.

So if you want Win7 on more than 1 machine you will have to spend the $140 and get teh family pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom