Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

I installed Windows 7, MS Office 2007, Acemoney, Firefox, e-Sword with a lot of modules, drivers, and some other specialized presentation software, and it's only taking up 24GB. But I am using my Vista partition for all of my Documents, Music, etc.

i have all games setups in separate partitions.
Now i have a partition being used alrady...how do i split it up?
it has like 195gb available andf i wanna take 40 gb out of it to make a new partiotion?
is it posible with xp?

question! I just used Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor beta. It suggests for me to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. I want to probably either upgrade to Professional or Home Premium 64-bit. Would i then be required to get a full installation of Windows 7 to do that?

it has like 195gb available andf i wanna take 40 gb out of it to make a new partiotion?
is it posible with xp?
Use GParted LiveCD; it'll be much easier.

question! I just used Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor beta. It suggests for me to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. I want to probably either upgrade to Professional or Home Premium 64-bit. Would i then be required to get a full installation of Windows 7 to do that?

You should still be able to do an upgrade to one of those versions, as far as I know (unless Mak knows different).

If the Advisor said you can go with Ultimate, taking a version lower wont present any issues. Ultimate is the highest version.

Think of it this way, your looking at new cars, they tell you that your loan amount is for $100K but you only want a car for $50K. Are you obligated to spent the $100K you were approved for? No.

Get the version you want. They say you can use Ultimate, doesnt mean you have to use it.
is it posible with xp?

Kraz, GParted will be the best tool. In Windows you could use Acronis Disk Director, but that costs money. Gparted is free and easy to use.

ok right now im really Ticked off!!!
i installed win 7...everythin went smooth.
im installing somethin and dl updated and i get a bsod...then it says ntldr missing so im stuck now.
i re run win 7 setuup and do recovery and it says it reovered and i get the same prob.
Im gonna be so mad if i have to re install xp...i will never try this again.
im gonna re install win 7 again...idk why i got the bsod...and why all of a sudden ntldr is missing...

Windows 7 Update System to be Tested This Week

If you've got autoupdate enabled in your install of Windows 7 Release Candidate, don't be surprised when MS pushes a series of updates this week. These are just some fake patches designed to test the update & delivery system.

People running Windows 7 RC, which publicly debuted late on May 4, will be offered the mock updates beginning on Tuesday, May 12, said Brandon LeBlanc, a Microsoft spokesman. Microsoft wants to "verify our ability to deliver and manage updating of Windows 7 in certain real-life scenarios," LeBlanc explained in a blog post Friday evening.

is it posible with xp?
I totally agree with everyone else on GParted Live CD. It's free, and one of the best partitioning tools. One thing to remember is that just because you have a game installed in XP doesn't mean you can play it in Win7. If you want to play a game in Win7, you'll have to reinstall it under 7, too.

ok right now im really Ticked off!!!
i installed win 7...everythin went smooth.
im installing somethin and dl updated and i get a bsod...then it says ntldr missing so im stuck now.
i re run win 7 setuup and do recovery and it says it reovered and i get the same prob.
Im gonna be so mad if i have to re install xp...i will never try this again.
im gonna re install win 7 again...idk why i got the bsod...and why all of a sudden ntldr is missing...
You didn't install XP after 7 did you? Maybe try EasyBCD.

I totally agree with everyone else on GParted Live CD. It's free, and one of the best partitioning tools. One thing to remember is that just because you have a game installed in XP doesn't mean you can play it in Win7. If you want to play a game in Win7, you'll have to reinstall it under 7, too.

You didn't install XP after 7 did you? Maybe try EasyBCD.

i know i gotta reinstall all that stuff...
well i installed 7 after xp...and i tried easy bcd and a lot of other stuff and in the end i just re installed my xp...ugghh...but i did an upgrade so i didnt have to reinstall all my xp apps.

now i cant get back into win 7...which i dont care for now but i was impressed with 7 and wouldnt mind playin around with it more!!!

Back
Top Bottom