Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

Posting from Win7 right now. Thanks to Mak's info on copying Firefox profiles I am up and cruising with my mega-Firefox right off the bat. :D Since my optical drive is on the fritz I used a bootable USB drive in its place. Worked like a charm.

Now I've got several hours worth of downloading and installing to do... :( I did, however, use Double Driver to backup and restore my drivers. Once I reboot I should be on top of the game. If it doesn't work I will post back on it.

I downloaded it the other day. I am going to pop in an old drive and do a clean install. I have not, and don't have the time to, read all the posts. But are the drivers easy to find for most basic hardware?

Yes, they are dave. Only drivers I had to install off the bad were GPU, sound card, and wifi drivers. If there aren't any Win7 specific drivers, just use Vista drivers.

thx Mak for helping me again. As for GParted Live CD, i couldnt get that to work at all last time i tried using it. Anyone know a tutorial i could use?

can someone help me dual boot xp and win 7 now?
cos i reinstalled xp and it goes straight to xp...
how to i get the option to get win 7 option?

Win7 has to be installed after XP for its bootloader to work.

You can still use EasyBCD to overwrite the XP bootloader with the Win7 bootloader.

edit:
got it to work.

not sure what i did but something made it work so now i finally can dual boot!!!

thanks for convincing me to try win 7...frustrating at first cos of the booting stuff but its all good now and im likin it plus i've got some more ppl interested!

thx Mak for helping me again. As for GParted Live CD, i couldnt get that to work at all last time i tried using it. Anyone know a tutorial i could use?
GParted -- Welcome

they have all sorts of info in their documentation and FAQ along with screenshots.

can someone help me dual boot xp and win 7 now?
cos i reinstalled xp and it goes straight to xp...
how to i get the option to get win 7 option?

How to dual boot Windows XP and Windows 7 (XP installed first)

If your problem happens to be that you can't even boot to it, try choosing the option to boot with plain Vesa/VGA graphics. I've always had to do it that way.

If you can boot to it, and you just don't understand how to use it, go to the site Mak posted.

Back
Top Bottom