Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

You need to check all your drivers. You need to run scans using these 2 commands.

chkdsk /r /f
sfc /scannow

Then you need to get CCleaner and run that. After all of that try replacing the HDD cable. The drivers to check are the chipset, network and video.

Windows 7 Stability And Reliability Update April 2010

Microsoft has released a stability and reliability update for both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 which fix a number of issues in both operating systems. The issues that have been fixed in the update are:
•Windows Explorer crashes and then restarts when you access a third-party Control Panel item.
•You cannot connect to an instance of SQL Server Analysis Services from an application in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2 after you install Office Live Add-in 1.4 or Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5.
•Windows Explorer may stop responding for 30 seconds when a file or a directory is created or renamed after certain applications are installed.
•The Welcome screen may be displayed for 30 seconds when you try to log on to a computer if you set the desktop background to a solid color.
•You are not warned when you delete more than 1000 files at the same time. Then, the files are deleted permanently and are not moved to the Recycle Bin.

You need to check all your drivers. You need to run scans using these 2 commands.

chkdsk /r /f
sfc /scannow

Then you need to get CCleaner and run that. After all of that try replacing the HDD cable. The drivers to check are the chipset, network and video.

ran the tests
and when running ccleaner, shud i run the registry part cos i avoid those...
plus everything was working fine with 32bit, this is annoying me
im thinking about getting just one more gig of ram and going back to 32 bit and sticking with 3 gb of ram...

Krazyq, the ccleaner registry scanner is a very good scanner to use, I've been using it in systems from Millennium edition on up, I honestly cannot recall a time when it caused a problem

Just make sure to make a backup when it prompts you to, just in case.

i just dont trust any registry cleaner...if id o use it or have i always do back it up but i think i'll just stay away ...everythings working great though right now.
i just got 2 more gb of ram and no errors...so its looking good :)

I've used CCleaner on tons of systems without problems, but I make sure I make a backup when it prompts me to do so because you never know.

I have a question about windows 7 hidden administrator account. I need to install AGEIA PhynsX drivers to be able to play teh game, but when I try to instal it error 1275 occurs and then there's come notification that says that I have insuffient priviledges and I must administrator when I run this application for the first time. I know that "code" or what ever it's called which makes that hidden admin account appear on the start menu but the biggest problem is that my windows 7 is in finnish and it's premium. So does anyone has any idea where I could find the finnish translete for net user administrator /active:yes because I have tried that and it doesn't work. Or is there someway that I could change my language. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you try using the topic here to use the GUI to do it? Can also try just using an online translator to get the command translated as well. This is what i got on several of them:

netto-käyttäjä hallintomies / aktiivinen: kyllä

Back
Top Bottom