Windows 10 Customer Preview

When new builds come out will we be able to upgrade to them from tech preview or will we have to reinstall? I heard somewhere that microsoft would be adding new features through windows update but I can't confirm this.

Mine bounced into 4 columns :(
Added a note in the windows feed back
Looked again last night, and I guess I have 2 columns of large tiles, which would be 4 columns of small tiles. Guess 4 small/2large is the minimum you can have.

When new builds come out will we be able to upgrade to them from tech preview or will we have to reinstall? I heard somewhere that microsoft would be adding new features through windows update but I can't confirm this.

From what I've heard, everything will be going through Windows Update.

Looked again last night, and I guess I have 2 columns of large tiles, which would be 4 columns of small tiles. Guess 4 small/2large is the minimum you can have.

From what I've heard, everything will be going through Windows Update.

Ok now the april 2015 expiry date makes sense if they are just going to build upon the tech preview throughout development. I thought it would have expired much sooner as people would erase tech preview to install consumer preview

Ok now the april 2015 expiry date makes sense if they are just going to build upon the tech preview throughout development. I thought it would have expired much sooner as people would erase tech preview to install consumer preview

Before you install Windows Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows

The Tech Preview will still be different from the Consumer Preview - I doubt the TP will upgrade into the CP. You'll just be getting new builds of the Tech Preview automatically.

Tech Preview 10 is only for testing. You should not install it in any pc that you wish to keep data|files. You could possibly lose everything if an update goes south or what ever. This isn't even at the Beta stage yet

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/...hnical-preview-windows-7-users-windows-update

let me get this straight. Does this mean that microsoft is pushing windows 10 TP a pre release windows version to users of the very stable and reliable windows 7? If so this could be a disaster if the wrong person downloads it.
You have to sign up for the Tech Preview before it would happen.

And another question if I were to update this way on my thinkpad running windows 7 will I be able to roll back to windows 7?

No, you would have to reinstall Win7.

I'm just going to be the ass and say this so there's no more confusion.

If you don't have a completely spare machine or know how to operate a VM, then don't bother downloading a non-retail copy of Windows to play with. Seriously, this stuff isn't made by any means as a daily.

I'm just going to be the ass and say this so there's no more confusion.

If you don't have a completely spare machine or know how to operate a VM, then don't bother downloading a non-retail copy of Windows to play with. Seriously, this stuff isn't made by any means as a daily.

I feel people still think it's ready to go as a daily and don't understand exactly what it means for it to be a Tech Preview...

Back
Top Bottom