Windows 10 Customer Preview

I copied down the license key on the download page but after the install, it never asked me for the license key
Did anybody else need to install a key?

Nope.

Pretty sure it's a generic key anyway, and I'm sure it was embedded in the preview's ISO.

Also, don't forget, since it's a technical preview, make sure you provide feedback via the Feedback App!

My dad has a windows 8 machine that he hates.. i think i might upgrade him but idk how microsoft will do the licensing down the road with windows 10..

Do you think it would be reliable to use windows 10 for the average user.. or under average rather?

My dad has a windows 8 machine that he hates.. i think i might upgrade him but idk how microsoft will do the licensing down the road with windows 10..

Do you think it would be reliable to use windows 10 for the average user.. or under average rather?

As it currently sits? Eh...depends. It's only a tech preview, which is essentially an alpha/beta build. He WILL encounter bugs - I can guarantee that.

As it currently sits? Eh...depends. It's only a tech preview, which is essentially an alpha/beta build. He WILL encounter bugs - I can guarantee that.

I mean more for licensing; will it eventually cue for a product key of some kind?

It ends in April I think is what the Preview page said. After that you won't be able to use it.

I would NOT use that for someones actual OS. It's a tech preview for a reason - it's no 100% stable and it's only available for a limited time.

It would be foolish to put him on WIndows 10 just to have it not work in a few months. Ya windows 8 isn't great, look into upgrading to 8.1 - it's better. If that isn't an option save yourself the hassle and time, just wait until Windows 10 is on shelves before putting someone on it.

Back
Top Bottom