Which ISP sucks the most?

Who is building the leading gfx card at the moment?

• Nividia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ATI

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
willsko87 said:
I have Dodo and I think that is worse. Well for gaming anyway

I have a warm fuzzy part in my heart for Dodo.
Like I have lost count the number of time I can converted clients off DODO.

Here a few other ISPs that suck in australia.... FROGGY

And who here remember ONE.NET
One night, they found out that some one mad a mistake in the account and it turned out that one.net was not as wealthy has the computers where telling them.
By about 10am the next morning, employees where getting sent home as they no longer had a job.
And we where talking about a company that did have Internet, Telephone and Mobiles.

I was about to get a job there too. 3 months later I was thankful that i did not.

HOTKEY is another ISP that I have had no joy with. Like they changed there networks over one night, and totally forgot to tell the corporate customers (like myself ) what the new POP3 and SMTP setting where going to be. Not to mension how our exchange server was going to work. That was about 2 weeks with no business email .

TPG... the plans are good, but their technical support are under staffed. Provided that you can get into the phone queue, you might be waiting 45 minutes. Otherwise, you will be advised to call back at a later time.

CHERRY Internet. This was the first ISP I signed up for. The problem with their tech support was that the phone number you dial was charged at $2 per minute to your phone billl. I remember calling them up, and waiting for about 2 minutes.
So i called up accounts, and told them to transfer me over to techsupport. :D

I needed 256kbps with unlimited dl under $50 a month so we got Dodo. Any suggestions on a good ISP (in Melbourne) i should go to next, when prices come down? We're still locked in for about 1.5 years so hopefully the prices will fall on other ISP's by then.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm bloody sick of the damn AOL commercials. It's like they got a one track mind over there.

I swear, if I see one more commercial that follows along the lines of "pheonix rising from the ashes" or "We can rebuild him" I'm going to fking kill everyone!

*pant pant*...I go lie down now...

willsko87 said:
I needed 256kbps with unlimited dl under $50 a month so we got Dodo. Any suggestions on a good ISP (in Melbourne) i should go to next, when prices come down? We're still locked in for about 1.5 years so hopefully the prices will fall on other ISP's by then.
I'm from Melbourne also, I have Telstra unlimited cable for $60 per month

Telstra's dial-up just plain sux, but their cable is not bad

although I think with lower plans they charge you more if you go over the limit. if you can't afford the unlimited plan for $60 I would suggest Optus; they limit your speed instead of charging you more when you go over your limit

*edit*
oh yeah, my dad got AOL dial up on his Laptop, and I hate it. I've been trying to convince him to share the cable connection, but he doesn't want to pay for a router or PCMCIA card

Harper said:
So I convinved them to hold off to canning my account until the end of Friday.

Funny thing....... I am getting Optus Cable installed here on Friday Morning.

STICK YOUR PLAN WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE TPG!

HAHA! I am still here. And it only another 11 more hours beofre the cable guy comes to install my cable internet.

apokalipse said:
I'm from Melbourne also, I have Telstra unlimited cable for $60 per month

Telstra's dial-up just plain sux, but their cable is not bad

although I think with lower plans they charge you more if you go over the limit. if you can't afford the unlimited plan for $60 I would suggest Optus; they limit your speed instead of charging you more when you go over your limit
The problem with Optus Cable is when they do speed limit you, it's at 28K. At least every one else slows you down to 64k.

I absolutely HATE NetZero, and I feel sorry for the people who are signing up for it. I've never had a connection faster than 24K with this BS excuse for an ISP. I guess maybe you get what you pay for.

I NEED CABLE.

OH...... did I have great pleasure in telling TPG where they could stick their plan this week. I even got a phone call from this this week with some of their great offers and why i should not leave them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom