What's wrong with people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhh if ur the person he grabs you grab his gun hand and at the same time u pull out ur gun and shoot him in the **** head

most of the time someone takes a hostage their not expecting any resistance so you would catch him by suprise

havent u ever seen the videos of when some is gettin robbed and the person actually fights back, the criminal is frightend and usually runs away or gets the **** beat out of him

I've also seen some when the victum fights back with the one bad guy only to have the other bad guy come over...lean over the counter they were fighting behind, and pop the victum one in the head.

This isn't the first time this has happened either. A few years ago I was a few blocks away from some dude who grabbed a random person at union station during rush hour and pointed a gun to her head.

Shoot the hostage.

Didn't Keanu Reeves teach you anything?

well i think outlawing guns for the general public is the obvious way to reduce these kind of random shootings.

I've read all your arguments against that idea but the plain and simple fact is that guns are outlawed in the UK and we very rarely have any shootings.

Of course american has more guns than civilians so it may not be that easy, but my point remains, sure hardcore criminals with still get guns but your average punk or nutter wont be able to.

Obviously you don't understand the American mindset.

While not every person owns a gun, and many would never own one, if you threaten to take away the right to own a gun you would have anarchy on your hands.

The right to bear arms is one of the articles of the Bill of Rights. It is deeply ingrained in American culture.

Besides, if guns were outlawed, it would be the honest citizens who would be without them. Criminals would still get them as long as there was a buck to be made selling them.

most of the time someone takes a hostage their not expecting any resistance so you would catch him by suprise
We can try if you want, I can stand behind you with a gun pointed at your head and see if you can disable me before I can pull the trigger

The point I was making is gun control doesn't really have anything to do with gun violence in most scenarios. Everyone there could have been walking around with uzis for all it mattered and the nutjob out there would have still gotten the first shot and still would have probably killed someone. Banning guns or trying to "even the odds" won't make a difference either way

banning guns would make it extreamly difficult for the nutjob to get a gun in the first place and that alone has got to make it worth while.

Of course I realise the unique situation in america, banning guns in america is not a practical solution... that doesn't change the fact that it does actually work.

Total UK Handgun offences 2004/2005 = 4,347 (aroud 0.007% of population)

US handgun violent crime 2 incidents per 1000 population so at an estimate about 600,000. (0.2% of population)

A striking difference you'll agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom