What's wrong with people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
The world is getting more pathetic every day. Today, a 25 minute public transit ride (bus/metro) from my house at Dawson College, a random gunman with 3 automatic weapons opened fire killing one person so far, putting 6 in critical condition and wounding 12 others. I have tons of friends that attend this school and I felt like total crap today worrying my *** off. One of my best friends was shot at and a bullet hit the person beside her, she ran outside to see a kid on the street surrounded by a pool of blood and two police officers trying to plug the wound to stop the bleeding. Although that was the least scariest part, she called one of her friends to say that she was alright and to know how he was doing and the message was as follows: "Hi Dustin it's Chrystal, are you ok? I am I managed to escape. Call me when... HOLY ****!!!!!" That's when it cut out and I freaked out. Just felt like I had to share that, too many emotions for one day. You can read more here:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/13/montreal.shooting/index.html

Man... that sucks, I think your friend was on the news becuase they interviewed/talked to a girl and her story was the EXACT same thing "person beside her gets shot". Its pretty crazy, At least that sort of **** doesnt happen here :| i live on the western part of canada, my city supposovly has a worse murder rate than new york tho :eek: (I think it is like... amount of people killed to the population, so really new york has 1093248102348392048021938401923 times as many ppl shot in a day OH WELL IM OT SRY) Thats pretty scary tho :amazed:

You have my sympathies, I have afew friends in Iraq and one at Paris island now. Fortunetly only one has ever been wounded and actually it was a miracle he even lived (rpg blew him thru a wall, no shrapnel or he definitly wouldn't have made it).

Anyways its nothing new that the world is getting more and more violent. And don't take this the wrong way but sometimes I truely hate people so I can actually see how it happens. The only way I see it getting better is cracking down on guns and maybe giving everyone who needs it a shrink.

This is what I heard on the radio today:

"MONTREAL, Quebec (AP) -- At least one gunman opened fire Wednesday in the cafeteria of a Montreal college and wounded an unknown number of people before shooting himself, witnesses and police said."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/13/canada.shooting.ap/

I'm impressed that CNN is talking about Canadian news, and that you guys have read this far, considering most of TF is American

I!!

But I'm sorry to hear about the crap you and all your friends went through. It's a total shame that this happens. Just like you said, it's extremely pathetic that it happens, and happens so often. My condolenses to all the families and may the people killed rest in peace and hope the gunman(s) get what they deserve in ****.

No matter what happens in life, keep your head up!!

Trotter said:
Give everybody a gun... level the playing field.

NOW you are talking my language :p ;) :D

Ya know, I think alot of the violence all boils down to no honor. Take a look at all of the "random" killings. There is always a reason, whether psychological, physiological, or physical, there is always a reason. "my girlfreind left me" or "these kids made fun of me", or better yet "my parents hated me". It's fine and dandy to stand up for yourself. Ill be the first one too it, but don't get other people involved in your revenge that don't deserve it.

No, don't crack down on guns...just like the prohibition. If you outlaw guns then only the outlaws will have guns. Besides, guns don't kill people, people kill people. Guns are just a tool, like knives, hammers, vehicles, etc. With guns legal but regulated, there is a less likely hood of military grade weapons finding themselves in the hands of criminals. Im not saying it's impossible, just a lot less likely. I don't want some gang banger thumping around the neighborhood with a M2 .50 BMG on the back of his truck. Ill stick with the 9mm pistol before going up against the HUGE .50

Im sorry to hear about your loss, I had three friends in the USMC fighting in the battle of falujah in Iraq. All in the same squad and they got hammered. Only one survived, and he has 1.25 legs. (mortar hit their Humvee) I hope all goes well. I really don't have any advice to give other than stay in touch with those you love. Keep your friends and family close.

As for me and mine, they can have our guns when they pry 'em from our cold dead fingers. They only question is how many of 'em are going down with us???

I agree with Trotter.

If you make it harder to get guns...it'll just increase the blackmarket, and all the bad guys will have guns, but none of the good guys.

You have to be thinking very simplistically if you actually think making guns harder to own will actually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom