Whats with CISCO routers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steves85

Baseband Member
Why are they mentioned so much, what do they do different to other routers, and why is there a course on them?

Because they are currently the best thing going. Tons of features, great support, and a hefty price tag. Basically used for business level routing, NOT for home use.

Ah i see. Sorry that i put it in the wrong section, i didnt see this one. How big a business would you use one? 10, 20 pc's?? or more?

LOL. Wow, so in my future computer business i probably wont need to install any if im doing small business and residential?

Well as I said, it's not dependent on the number of workstations you'll have. However, if you're just setting up small business networks then I doubt you'd need it. Other less expensive routers would do just fine.

Cisco are THE enterprise company for networking. They make everything from routers, switches, wireless access points, etc. They also own Linksys

yea i was gonna say you might have confused him. There are many Linksys routers out there that are inexpensive, and they are indeed owned my Cisco. Cisco is a very big company and has alot of branches of technology. If you have a small business with many computers i would suggest a inexpensive Linksys wireless router..or if there is going to be more than 6-8 computers setup with a wired conntection i would go with a decent switch or upgrade to a fast-ethernet switch.

Yes Linksys is a division of Cisco. But a 'Linksys' router isn't a 'Cisco' router ;)
OP wasn't asking about which companies owned which other companies, he was asking specifically about cisco rotuers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom