Whats with CISCO routers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sure that there we routers and other equipment that overlapped when they bought them and there was a time when the linksys routers werent actually cisco..but im pretty sure that most routers made that are linksys now are actually cisco routers..

If you asked me what Cisco routers are capable of, I'd rattle off a list of various features/capabilities found in most (if not all) Cisco routers. I'm talking VPNs, OSPF, PortGuard, etc etc etc.
Nearly all the features I'd list would not be found in a Linksys model, except for the very high end models. Therefore Linksys rotuer != Cisco router.

I agree then I don't. But why digress into that. Yes Cisco routers provide a lot of features that many corporations need

Cisco definitely had some good gear, but they're not the only company out there who does. We use a mixture of Cisco and Dell gear, and have had great success with both. We're on a network with 8 buildings, each a few miles apart, and a total of about 2,500 systems. In most cases, we have one Cisco which is the layer 3 "head" of the LAN of the building it's controlling, and everything behind it is Dell. Though we also do use a lot of Dell stuff for routing too, but like I said, we've had great luck with both. But man - those prices can hurt... but you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom