What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

ASUS has had bad luck with some of the motherboard designs. I can remember a few where mosfets would overheat or cause catastrophic damage to the motherboard and CPU. I also remember a few board designs that was absolutely ASUS' fault, having traces that go under neath the screw head, or between a standoff and mobo... Would love to see that not be a manufacture error.

Also, you people tout SSD's as very reliable, and from my experience, there should be no reason one would arrive DOA from the manufacture if they actually tested the drive. So that shows a lack of QC on OCZ's end. Aside from that, my Vertex2 has been a rather good drive most the time. But there is a REASON OEM will go with Intel or Samsung, because they are KNOWN for reliability in just about every product they make.
Lol I can name off so many rubbish Intel products it isn't funny. They go with Intel because it's Intel.

A $25 iTunes gift card and some starbucks coffee.

Name some then.
The undoubtful winner, the Prescott. Besides that, any Pentium 4 to date was simply terrible, hot, and beatin by the underclocked Athlons.
Running second, the Celeron. That processor will probably have a terrible name it can never get rid of.
The 975x chipset. Slated as high end yet people had to buy later revisions to support later on processors. Then was held back by the 2 gen old south bridge. Which brings me to:
X38/X48. Too much, too late, too expensive, unwanted limitations. They were great, if you had more money than brains, but held back in their own ways. Not exactly a fail, but Intel shot theirselves in the foot with these when they released the P35/P45 boards. IIRC Nvidia had THE top GPUs but yet these boards did not do SLI. Pitty.
Hyper-Threading V1. I'm sure we can all agree it was simply rubbish and a marketing ploy.
Slot-A Pentium 3. Omg these were so terrible for consumers. I personally had 3 and my Duron made mince meat of them. I suppose they were great for offices because (I've been told) they were fairly cheap as OEMs could get them at a huge discount. Still though, small weak fans riddled with problems if put in non-clean environments, easily over heated, ect. I also personally had tons of problems making them work in their own boards if they sat a while.
The first Pentium with its float bug. Almost as popular as the TLB Errata from AMD.
Last but of course not least, the 320 SSD with it's 8MB bug.
I can keep going, but there is no point. Intel has made many rubbish products and have been doing it long before OCZs terrible Vertex 2 scare. Point being, people still use Intel because the name has been put on the high totem pole for years. Not because everything they release is quality.

Disclaimer:
I can name off rubbish products from many companies. Intel was just in the spotlight this time.

The undoubtful winner, the Prescott. Besides that, any Pentium 4 to date was simply terrible, hot, and beatin by the underclocked Athlons.
Running second, the Celeron. That processor will probably have a terrible name it can never get rid of.
The 975x chipset. Slated as high end yet people had to buy later revisions to support later on processors. Then was held back by the 2 gen old south bridge. Which brings me to:
X38/X48. Too much, too late, too expensive, unwanted limitations. They were great, if you had more money than brains, but held back in their own ways. Not exactly a fail, but Intel shot theirselves in the foot with these when they released the P35/P45 boards. IIRC Nvidia had THE top GPUs but yet these boards did not do SLI. Pitty.
Hyper-Threading V1. I'm sure we can all agree it was simply rubbish and a marketing ploy.
Slot-A Pentium 3. Omg these were so terrible for consumers. I personally had 3 and my Duron made mince meat of them. I suppose they were great for offices because (I've been told) they were fairly cheap as OEMs could get them at a huge discount. Still though, small weak fans riddled with problems if put in non-clean environments, easily over heated, ect. I also personally had tons of problems making them work in their own boards if they sat a while.
The first Pentium with its float bug. Almost as popular as the TLB Errata from AMD.
Last but of course not least, the 320 SSD with it's 8MB bug.
I can keep going, but there is no point. Intel has made many rubbish products and have been doing it long before OCZs terrible Vertex 2 scare. Point being, people still use Intel because the name has been put on the high totem pole for years. Not because everything they release is quality.

Disclaimer:
I can name off rubbish products from many companies. Intel was just in the spotlight this time.

I love this :lol:

Back
Top Bottom