Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I figured out that there isn't an ICS update available for the Moto Xyboard 8.2 despite Moto's website and press release stating otherwise, it turns out the 10.1" model is the only one getting an update now and there is no solid eta for the 8.2.

I really like the size and hardware of the tablet but taking this long to get an ICS update is really getting on my nerves, especially when the stock build of honeycomb has some annoying bugs. I was actually considering trading it in to Best Buy or Amazon and getting a Nexus 7 but neither of them have the Xyboard listed for their trade in program which is a shame because the vastly inferior Xoom is worth $180 from them.

Needless to say it's not a good thing when a company makes you go from liking their product to wishing you could take a $200 loss on it.

That's Moto for you... Hence why I don't get any moto devices.

That's Moto for you... Hence why I don't get any moto devices.

Sad, because I used to like Motorola...back before Android existed. Like when they were releasing the Z6 ROKR/V9/Z9 phones, with the linux/java hybrid OS that was super fast and stuff (you know, before VZW took them and slammed their own proprietary crappy OS on them ruining the speed boost...), or when they came out with the V551/557. Awesome phones.

Now, not so much.

Rumor had it that a bridge by-passing most of 68 in valley area was planned, but got killed back in 07/08 or so. Would be nice to have a bridge straight through, would save ~20 minutes.

BTW, PP, they re-ran our lines entirely on this road only a few years ago, the issue is idiots keep cutting into them, or lighting strikes hit the above ground junction points. Lighting seems to love local utilities more than anything else for some reason.

If they ran them a few years ago I can't understand why they wouldn't have put in digital boxes at the street ends. Venus the lines were installed in the 80s sometime so they are all analog boxes. Just ****es me off that less than 5 miles from our old house there is ATT Uverse service.

If they ran them a few years ago I can't understand why they wouldn't have put in digital boxes at the street ends. Venus the lines were installed in the 80s sometime so they are all analog boxes. Just ****es me off that less than 5 miles from our old house there is ATT Uverse service.

I know you're desperate for good service, but that's just downright scary. Even I, as an AT&T Wireless customer and former employee, would never touch the Uverse service.

:CerealGuy:

I know you're desperate for good service, but that's just downright scary. Even I, as an AT&T Wireless customer and former employee, would never touch the Uverse service.

:CerealGuy:
In 2010 when we first left Venus we got the 18Mb Uverse. It was not bad at all and a 1.5MB download vs 120KB was mind blowing for somebody who had ****ternet for years. Being able to game online was nice too. Now that we live further in to the city we have TW now and I'd never use Uverse. Still, if we lived in Venus I would grab Uverse in a heartbeat.

Today I realised despite having more money than ever before, I actually needed some more.

So I figured i'd put my Nikon D80 up for sale. I dont use it much because I live in a boring area with no decent photo opportunities and it isn't as powerful as i'd like. I wanted a fairly quick sale, so I undercut similar auctions by about £15... boom, sold in 5 minutes :D

So I can now pay my £200 on travel expenses, £100 on car tax, £250 on iPhone 5, and still have 50 or 60 a week to live on after paying all my expenses (yes, I count the new iphone as a necessary expense :p )

Today I have....
Put another $1k in savings and paid off my gas bill ($200 last month... yikes) its all good though... my first $3k paycheck is coming in on the first of the month along with $1.5k in grants. Stuffing it all into savings... I like having a large cushion.

Now I am eating pizza and playing Minecraft :thumbsup:

I'm working this weekend at my school support desk job... 8-5, both yesterday and today -.-

And tomorrow I get to go to work for my last full day at my other IT job; and then classes start for me on Tuesday :(.

Got a ton done on the weekend. Installed a soakwell and repaved our side area, cleaned up my room a little :p, and today got into work pretty damn early and finished a couple server upgrades. Not a bad weekend

Back
Top Bottom