What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Hmm, so I guess Asus is a complete turd company because every Asus board I have ever gotten (a total of 12) has been DOA (straight from Asus, no middle man). Mmmmm oh wait, they are at the top of the list of motherboards sold, like OCZ is at the top of the list of SSDs sold. Carry on.

Asus doesn't have the best failure rate either so I would believe that.

What evidence do you have that OCZ is the top selling SSD manufacturer? I'd put money on Samsung selling the most, after all OEMs and enterprise users buy their drives as well as consumers while no OEM will touch OCZ drives.

Hmm, so I guess Asus is a complete turd company because every Asus board I have ever gotten (a total of 12) has been DOA (straight from Asus, no middle man). Mmmmm oh wait, they are at the top of the list of motherboards sold, like OCZ is at the top of the list of SSDs sold. Carry on.

Asus doesn't have the best failure rate either so I would believe that.

What evidence do you have that OCZ is the top selling SSD manufacturer? I'd put money on Samsung selling the most, after all OEMs and enterprise users buy their drives as well as consumers while no OEM will touch OCZ drives.

Both my ASUS GTX 470's failed.

I would never buy an Asus GPU. Ugliest SOB's out there, IMHO. Haven't had problems with Asus mobos or laptops though.

Think I will, as well.
IIRC he had the reference 470s which looked the same as the others. Had they been the DirectCU II they wouldn't have overheated and died. (Guessing it was heat)

IIRC he had the reference 470s which looked the same as the others. Had they been the DirectCU II they wouldn't have overheated and died. (Guessing it was heat)

The fan broke on one of them, the other one had gpu artifacting in games regardless of temperature.

True though, I think they were indeed reference so maybe not entirely Asus's fault.

ASUS has had bad luck with some of the motherboard designs. I can remember a few where mosfets would overheat or cause catastrophic damage to the motherboard and CPU. I also remember a few board designs that was absolutely ASUS' fault, having traces that go under neath the screw head, or between a standoff and mobo... Would love to see that not be a manufacture error.

Also, you people tout SSD's as very reliable, and from my experience, there should be no reason one would arrive DOA from the manufacture if they actually tested the drive. So that shows a lack of QC on OCZ's end. Aside from that, my Vertex2 has been a rather good drive most the time. But there is a REASON OEM will go with Intel or Samsung, because they are KNOWN for reliability in just about every product they make.

ASUS has had bad luck with some of the motherboard designs. I can remember a few where mosfets would overheat or cause catastrophic damage to the motherboard and CPU. I also remember a few board designs that was absolutely ASUS' fault, having traces that go under neath the screw head, or between a standoff and mobo... Would love to see that not be a manufacture error.

Also, you people tout SSD's as very reliable, and from my experience, there should be no reason one would arrive DOA from the manufacture if they actually tested the drive. So that shows a lack of QC on OCZ's end. Aside from that, my Vertex2 has been a rather good drive most the time. But there is a REASON OEM will go with Intel or Samsung, because they are KNOWN for reliability in just about every product they make.

This pretty much sums up SSD's for me from this point on.

Back
Top Bottom