What You've Just Bought!

Picked up a Dell S2817Q 4K monitor for $299 from Staples. Certainly not the best 4K monitor out there but I couldn't pass for that price.

I spent a ridiculous amount of money in the last 2 days. Yesterday I bought a pre-order for a band's next release later this year (September), and about 5 minutes ago I bought a Murloc pop I've been after for way too long. Two days ago, I finally got the Frodo Chase variant I ordered as well! Super stoked about that one, he looks awesome and came from the seller in an extra protective case.

Picked up a Dell S2817Q 4K monitor for $299 from Staples. Certainly not the best 4K monitor out there but I couldn't pass for that price.
Amazon had this monitor for 279 yesterday on Prime Day.
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-U28E...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=70S2YZS9W4AF5ZPXJDSJ

I'd kill for a 32" 2560x1440 144Hz GSync monitor.
https://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG35VQ/

Close.

Although I technically haven't spent any money, I put a preorder down with Gamestop for the Limited Edition of Destiny 2 PC.

Close, but I really don't want to go down the ultrawide route since most of the games I play (Blizzard games) don't support it :tongue:

Er well, it supports it, but it cuts off the top and bottom, doesn't it? Looks squished?

StarCraft 2 doesn't support it at all IIRC, not sure about Diablo. WoW supports it though

Er well, it supports it, but it cuts off the top and bottom, doesn't it? Looks squished?

StarCraft 2 doesn't support it at all IIRC, not sure about Diablo. WoW supports it though
Vertical FOV is compensated by maxing the FOV slider which I do on any monitor for that game anyways. D3 supports it in fullscreen windowed mode. SC2 will never support it but IIRC you can still run 2560x1440 with boxes on the side. I looked up an old thread I read on the topic a long while ago and one dude puts it perfectly.

Starcraft 2? Ran in any resolution on release, was locked to 16:9 shortly afterward. 5 years and they haven't changed their stance, yet HotS, a competitive game on the same engine, has official support for it.
Blizzard's defiance to their customer base is mildly confusing despite the fact that mostly all Blizzard game fans are die hards. I know UW is still very much a niche as is 4k but those of us that have these monitors play all types of games.

Back
Top Bottom