What You've Just Bought!

Ordered this from Amazon, arrived yesterday. Seriously consider seeing it if you haven't already, it's a great throwback to the practical effects of yore (IMO).

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2
Bought a Job Lot of Older PCs. 64 Bit Dell Systems mind you with dedicated GPUs and HDDs in the region of 320 GB + with dedicated VGA \ HDMI \ & DVI Monitors.

But seriously some people must be just plain stupid. If I were a nasty person I RIP the contents of these two PCs out the four I have booted tonight and upload the contents to the Web straight away with out thinking about it.

Their is so much info on hear its unreal. I have got my hands on full family photo albums, video albums and some crap to do with work like .doc and personal sensitive information.

You wouldn't believe what's on hear. Theirs also pictures of some poor family children and grand parents.

Its a good job I'm no perv; seriously f that but an entire family life is on this PC.

Oh year; theirs also videos of the family at Christmas.

Bought it second hand from our Craig List; aka, Gumtree.

If I were a nasty person I RIP the contents of these two PCs out the four I have booted tonight and upload the contents to the Web straight away with out thinking about it.

I picked up a great story about information leakage from one of my (computing and hacking) lecturers yesterday.

So he's late 30s, and has kids. Kids had their school photo day, and the sample pack with the code to use online to buy your photos. The sample photos on the web page were all low-res all had a big copyright symbol and title on them, but if you clicked the zoomed version, it was full-res without a copyright symbol.
Ah! Time to see if he could just nab the URL of the full res photo and download it.

In the middle of doing this, he found that the zooming function was a weird PHP script that pulled the photo from the server, but had the full local directory path for the photo from root. If he edited this, he could download anything he wanted off the server, so he made a quick edit to the script to just scrape everything off.

Ten seconds after doing this, he realised he'd scraped thousands of high-res photos of hundreds or possibly thousands of children that aren't his own.

The system has all ready been formatted and pfSense installed on it.

I'm honestly not bothered about the contents. Too late any how. The full OS has been wiped along with the information on it.

But next time kiera quit with the storys like that because my fat *** just dropped threw the deck reading that. Seriously not funny. Thats well spooked me.

Bought my Mum a new 10.5" iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.

She doesn't know yet, but I am going to pick it up today. I don't really have the money but I have felt pretty sorry for her for ages, and been contemplating buying her one for the past year or so. She has just the 2nd Gen iPad at the moment, and it's on it's way out. It freezes a lot, and is very slow and unresponsive in general. She doesn't have a laptop/PC or anything either. So she gets pretty damn frustrated whenever she has to go online or check email, which like most people is pretty often.

I hope she will like it. She does interior design work as a side job, so I thought she might find the pencil a boon. Though knowing my mum she will just cry when I give it her and then just moan at me to return it and pretend her current iPad is fine :lol:

Double post in two threads! shoot me.

Well I bought the iPad, after a mixup atleast, apparently PayPal were having problems with payments to Apple so my reservation to pickup from the store never made it through. No biggie, I bought it there and then and just have to phone Apple to cancel my online purchase.

Got home but mum hasn't seen it yet as she's ill :( ohwell, gives me an excuse to piss around. Not used an iOS device in years so wasn't sure how much they'd have improved.

1) 120hz when scrolling is sexual. Makes me want a 120hz monitor again. Definitely a huge boon to tablets, I hope it follows through to phones too. Apparently it can natively step down to 60, 30 and 24hz too for movies.

2) P3 wide color gamut is sexy. Apple and Microsoft (with the new Surface Pro and Book) are taking IPS tech to it's limits, but I have to admit, they're very very nice, they hold up pretty well even against OLED. The blacks don't, but they're still pretty good.

3) Fast as ****. The 120hz + A10X & 4GB RAM + Fast Flash is :omg: It's basically as responsive as my i7 and SSD laptop. Though I don't think it would quite hold up if I fired up a round of Playerunknown Battlegrounds :lol:

4) The "Pencil" (they just had to be different..) is very nice. Would quite like to learn to draw with it.

5) Actually good speakers. Sounds as good as a decent media laptop, if not quite as loud. There is bass, too, somehow.

So yeah it's good. Generally I freaking HATE tablets. I use them day in, day out at work. But they are older Android tablets from 2013, so they've got like 1GB of RAM and are slow as **** basically. I want to throw at the wall. But, the iPad Pro's are good, I can't deny it. I don't really have any use for one as I am always on my laptop, but if you're after a tablet you should try one out, and if you are an illustrator or artist, it's a pretty easy decision.

Went to a Rock, Gem, and Jewelry show over Sunday, picked up a nice Obsidian sphere, and two Fluorite pieces. Not cheap, but I got a good hookup from the people I bought from, paid significantly less than their asking price.

I picked up a great story about information leakage from one of my (computing and hacking) lecturers yesterday.

So he's late 30s, and has kids. Kids had their school photo day, and the sample pack with the code to use online to buy your photos. The sample photos on the web page were all low-res all had a big copyright symbol and title on them, but if you clicked the zoomed version, it was full-res without a copyright symbol.
Ah! Time to see if he could just nab the URL of the full res photo and download it.

In the middle of doing this, he found that the zooming function was a weird PHP script that pulled the photo from the server, but had the full local directory path for the photo from root. If he edited this, he could download anything he wanted off the server, so he made a quick edit to the script to just scrape everything off.

Ten seconds after doing this, he realised he'd scraped thousands of high-res photos of hundreds or possibly thousands of children that aren't his own.
Doesn't surprise me at all honestly. Security always seems to be an afterthought or "roadblock" to developers most of the time. It's unfortunate really.

On Topic: went to RTX this weekend, picked up a couple of things. My wife got an Overwatch banner with Mercy's devil skin (she didn't want that one, but the only other one was a sexy mercy pose which she didn't want lol), and a necklace/charms set of several different characters' weapons. I picked up a couple of POP figures (2016 Doom guy, and Xenomorph from Alien), and a cheap butterfly knife.

Last edited:
Just bought some Coffeist during the Prime Day sale. We'll see if it tastes better than the original Soylent :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom