What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Oh. Mine's 10,000 mAh and is about the size of.. two SSD's stacked one on top of the other :tongue:

Purchased a Nextbook 8 with Android 4.4.2

Now as a small note, I have since changed the default launcher (the original loaded with 4.4.2 crashed a great deal when the orientation changed) and I plan on updating the firmware. One small note on these nextbooks, the resolution on the screen is not as sharp as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and by default, the device only accesses 1GB of the 16GB advertised on the NAND. Cheap tablet is cheap at $99

I avoid Nextbooks like the plague. Had to deal with a couple of them from people - never again.

I avoid Nextbooks like the plague. Had to deal with a couple of them from people - never again.

Ha-Ha, I just LOL'd hard at the brutality and honesty of that.

I've never had a Nextbook, but if we are talking about android based Software in which comes in the form as a tablet I will be staying way. I don't like tablets, I don't like Laptops, and I don't like Mac's. I'm persistent with Nix* and ONLY because its free and a good alternative for when you skint and need a live OS or a permanent solution.

Ha-Ha, I just LOL'd hard at the brutality and honesty of that.

I've never had a Nextbook, but if we are talking about android based Software in which comes in the form as a tablet I will be staying way. I don't like tablets, I don't like Laptops, and I don't like Mac's. I'm persistent with Nix* and ONLY because its free and a good alternative for when you skint and need a live OS or a permanent solution.

Android is based off of *nix ;).

I like my Nexus 7 - it's not that I don't like tablets, it's that I don't like cheap tablets.

Android is based off of *nix ;).

I like my Nexus 7 - it's not that I don't like tablets, it's that I don't like cheap tablets.

But its not Nix* it self tho is it. Example. Mint. Being my fav, for ease of use, and simplicity. Android is exactly that. An OS what feels like a Robot OS and no feeling for the OS. I know that sounds wack. Hence IMO why XP was so successful, it had feel interaction and easy to use.

I was talking about my personal experience with the GUI. Getting hardcore their Carnage. :p .. But all I'm saying the feel of an OS makes a difference. I mean with XP you have very IMO, fluffy and clean image when it first came out. Clouds, animated Graphics, No driver worrys, everything was automatic, Updates ECT. Android is just Cold man. Its as Cold as the last Woman I was with, She took my heart and smashed it to pieces, laughed, and I ended up doped up on Prozak.

Very Cold OS,

Back
Top Bottom