What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Xenon flash bulbs also produce an Electrical Pulse because of an arc needed to create a flash. I noticed how close he held the camera to the Pi and now I have to wonder if it would crash if the xenon flash was held further away from the Pi.
External triggering is the most common method of operation, especially for photographic use. The electrodes are charged to a voltage high enough to respond to triggering, but below the lamp's self-flash threshold. An extremely high voltage pulse, (usually between 2000 and 150,000 volts), the "trigger pulse", is applied either directly to or very near the glass envelope.
Flashtube - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the RPi thread, people were just suggesting to put blue sticky-tack on the IC :lol:. Or to just flip it the other way around.

Does anybody know how that blue tack will affect the chip/board over a period of time and hot/cold temps? That stuff would most likely work fine, but technically it's not designed for IC chips and boards. The glob is made for covering IC chips

Does anybody know how that blue tack will affect the chip/board over a period of time and hot/cold temps? That stuff would most likely work fine, but technically it's not designed for IC chips and boards. The glob is made for covering IC chips

I'm sure they were just using it temporarily - at least I hope, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom