What kind of music do you guys like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Static: Actualy i guess you dont know the band very well do you. According to an interview w/ Shadows and Zacky they wanted more lyrics and harmonies instead of screaming. If pleasing your crouds ears is mainstream than anything thats hit it big is mainstream and you will probably end up listening to local bands that will amount to nothing. They have their own style, and thats what i like about them. Also, Seize the day and MIA are my favorites from them.
That stuff is total garbage. It's screaming and moaning at the top of some wackos lungs, with the worst and easiest guitar riffs, that a 2 year old could play. Drum beats are done on a casio....
Easiest guitar riffs? I sure hope your talking about Slipknot because some "death" metal bands i know have some of the hardest stuff ive heard. Also, these bands i used to listen to which are considered "death" metal do not use a Casio, rather a very talented drummer.
screamo sucks because it screams
Im just gonna venture and guess that you dont know what screamo really is and your talking about bands like Slipknot.
has any one ever heard of speed metal??

my ****ing god.......its just.....woow...
SOAD used to be considerd speed metal on there first album. Its alright i guess.

anything from heavymetal to classical. (apart from that pop trash yyou hear on the radio ovr here.)

Mostly Rap especially hardcore gangsta Rap like Eazy-E, Dr.Dre, Snoop or NWA. My most fav is Wu-Tang Clan however.

zmatt said:
screamo sucks because it screams its almost as stupid as crunk rap, and thats stupid after 3 years of hearing tht crap on the radio i still dont know what the defintion of crunk is, and dont tell me i would rather not know.

it doesnt suck, you just dont like it.

screamo isnt classified as anyone who screams.

PP---- yeah, i have listened to alot of local bands and guess what? MOST OF THEM ARE GETTING SIGNED!
Before Story of the Year broke loose, they were big blue monkey. my cousin use to hang out with them all the time and whatnot.

A band called Cross Examination just got signed here. Awesome band.

Calico System was also from St. Louis, doing very well for themselves on the road.

Just because they get signed dosent mean anything. ABE was signed. Did we make recordings? Did we play out a whole lot? Did we get a whole lot better and get loved by everybody outside of Venus Texas? NO. Just ebcause your signed dosent mean anything. A7X was signed by a puny record label and only made it big when they got signed over the WB. A good example of 'screamo' is Atreyu. Its Emo w/ a little bit of screaming guys.

talldude123 said:
GREEN DAY

im suprised that nobody already posted this band...

i liked them back when they were a legite punk band, i n the early 90's i respect any music as long as they have a point and is not just saying crap to sell records ,they lost me when american idiot came out, i repect their posotion but i prefer not to hear bush bashing in my music i prefer to hear real music.

t doesnt suck, you just dont like it.

screamo isnt classified anyone who screams.

well thats true but i have listened to what my freinds listen too and they are hardcore screamo, the screaming is to o the point were you cant understand it, i dont regard it as music, to me music is a form of art and should be treated as so.
going "muaaaaaaaah! gurrraaaah! buhaaaaa!" isnt art to me

Static_11 said:
i hate when people profile saying that oh this band screams they must worship the devil and love blood and death and dying... its complete bullcrap, the stuff i listen to, yet screaming, talks about life, staying true to yourself and friends and family... if you want proof on more than five occasions i will gladly supply you with it.. but dont criticise something based on looks (dont judge a book by its cover)

oh get over yourself. "I hate when people profile"... What a joke.

The freakin' video I saw had Demons with horns in a blaze of fire surrounding an innocent looking girl... I can only imagine what they had in mind.

The "singer" if you can call him that, was screaming at the top of his lungs, in both "Alto and Soprano"...

Profiling... whatever dude. I call it as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom