What is the point in PC gaming at this point in the console life cycle?

If I had to say anything on this debate, I can safely say that I've played consoles and PC for a fair while now. Played console games for a LOT longer though. I remember being given my first PS2 for my 8th birthday, and I bought Star Wars Battlefront II right after. Imo that was the best game for that console, to date, there's just something about playing some games on a console that you just can't beat.

It's funny to watch when someone misses a rocket shot because of the joystick, or hear them rage because of it. I've done both, but now I just laugh at it all the time, even if I'm the one doing it. I own battlefield 3 on PC, and battlefield 4 on PS3 console, and I can say the differences are that on console, there seems to be a bigger camaraderie between players in their clans.

I had great fun playing with the other MMM clan mates last night on BF4. Started out with 6-3 KD, and had to go bed later on. My last KD before I went to bed was 24-3. My clan mates and I had won 5 games straight. You just can't replicate that on a PC... I mean sure youtubers share this behaviour, but joining their elite group is difficult.

This is just my opinion on the topic, and sorry if it was too long for you guys to read xD :p

EDIT: OMG totally necro'd a thread! xD

Last edited:
Witcher 3 is the point of PC gaming at this point in the console life cycle. Significant graphical difference. Before this game though, I wasn't seeing it.

GTA V, Watch Dogs, Project Cars, Skyrim, Shadow Of Mordor, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield 3 and 4, Dragon Age, Dying Light, Farcry 3 and 4, Metro, and Crysis 3 and are all games I can think off the top of my head that have an obvious difference. GTA V has a more massive difference in LOD comparing PC to PS4 than Witcher 3.

All those games that pp Mguire just mentioned and then some. I have played on consoles my whole life. Super Nintendo, n 64, Playstation, ps2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox one (which I sold for a ps4) now ps4. Just finally got my pc rig set up and I'm kinda mad I didn't switch a long time ago. Honestly pc owns console in every way possible. Even games cost less on steam and what not. Then there's the graphics. I'm tired of getting screwed on consoles crapy *** 30 frames per second. I can get over 70 on battlefield 4 at ultra... It's just something you don't know you are missing till you see it... I'm now pc all the way.......

sent from Spartaknight

One thing that drove me nuts was a lack of pc to platform multiplayer support. I know why a developer will do that, I just dont get why they cant facilitate it, the infrastructure is there, and it donsnt meet there buisness modell. As far as the master race goes, think again, games all around have been getting worse the past 3 years, some new terms have croped up to describe this trend.

One thing that drove me nuts was a lack of pc to platform multiplayer support. I know why a developer will do that, I just dont get why they cant facilitate it, the infrastructure is there, and it donsnt meet there buisness modell. As far as the master race goes, think again, games all around have been getting worse the past 3 years, some new terms have croped up to describe this trend.
It's kinda hard to implement properly and in some situations it gives PC people an unfair advantage. Plus, when we're talking FPS shooters and online gaming things like aim assist not being existent give us an unfair advantage for precision. No matter how hard people argue in favor of console, it's a fact that the sensory and less latency give PCs an advantage.

When we're talking cross platform like I was saying it's hard to implement due to party systems. Good example is I can't party up with my PS4 bros in Rocket League but that game does have cross platform support. Since I don't have a PS4 and a lot of my PS4 friends don't have PCs it kinda sucks that I can't play with them.

So although I'd love nothing more than to rip it up on some console people in Battlefield it just isn't going to happen.

It's crazy how bad fps can get in consoles.
I bought GTA IV for the ps3 last week and I couldn't believe how bad it was.
It felt like the game was stuttering the whole time.
I tested it out on the pc and man, super silky smooth, I don't get how people even enjoyed playing that game, it was really bad!
Almost felt like the game had a defect

Whereas I'm not a gamer I do keep up with some aspects of gaming. For PC gamers they can upgrade video cards if need be. Memory can be expanded. Even the CPU can be upgraded if the board supports it.

I may be wrong and feel free to correct me, but as far as I know, consoles can't do that.

Back
Top Bottom