What is RAID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes raid 0 or 1 would be your cheapest, you can get away with it for only the cost of 2 drives,

you can do it even cheaper by using disk administrator if you have win2000 or winxp... and implementing software raid,....

but as we discussed, software raid is only so good... some would go so far as to say it is crap...lol

for myself, i have no raid on my home computers, i see no real benifit for me, but that is my own prefrance. i dont need the redundency, and i really dont have anything that if i lost i would be dead withough.... and the things i really need to keep, i make a backup to a cd once in a while, and store stuff online in a secure place....

it is good practice though to set it up and learn it.... learn more about the higher levels of Raid, RAID 5 is the most common, but higher level are becomeing more popular..

haha yep software raid sucks haha, im planning on getting 2 hdd for my raid 0. wad do u guys think?

im using it for personal use, like gaming, surfing and listening to songs, id like a decent raid. do u tink raid 0 is sufficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom