What do you think about Oblivion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess u like the evil stuff huh ?

People said the thief guild quests are buggy. Many people ran into problems.
Thieves guild quests haven't been buggy yet, but I've only advanced one rank in there so I haven't done a lot yet. One thing that was buggy though, was I was supposed to steal this ladies ring when she went to bed and put it in her jewerly box. The stupid little area was leading to the basement for some reason, so I had to find the room on my own and got the ring.

Where can i find better stuff? i dont wanna wear this ugly GC outfit all the time. Ive been to like almost every castle and everything. Any outskirt towns i can find some stuff in? Im level 10 and have lots of gold so no problem there.
Imperial city market place. Theres a few different stores with armor and weapons, but thus far I haven't found a weapon better than my silver longsword or katana. I like the one handed weapons more, but I'm just saying I dont see enough variation between the weapons honestly. For 'blade' it's pretty much shortsword, longsword, dagger, katana and thats it.

I was hoping within Oblivion, you would be able to delete unessesary spells
Pretty sure you can sell them. Havent tried it yet myself but the option to sell is always there when you are talking with someone about buying spells.

About where to buy the good stuff, basically stuffs everywhere are quite the same. However, as you level up, they will sell better stuffs to you.

If you want to buy a Orcish Armor set, then prob u will have to wait for a while. Cause i'm only 18 and they only start to sell Drawf Armor to me.

If u want good armor set and a ridiculously strong blade, then find a cave at South - southwest Imperial city. Go down there and figh a boss, then u could get an Ebony set and a Umbra sword.

I've done a lot of the thief guild and dark guild quests, none have been buggy.

As for equipment you can either steal it from shops at night, or buy it (or better yet kill people in their sleep and take thier armor). If you want to get some badass heavy armor early in the game then join the dark guild, after about 5 missions you get one where well... you get a lot of good items lets say (badass sword and axe too).

To me the dark guild has been by far the most fun, thief ones are alright but they dont seem as intuitive as the dark guild ones. Plus you feel like a badass psycho when you do the quests.

In the game I've yet to buy anything, all of my stuff is stolen. The best way to fight people is this, rob them of thier weapons while they sleep, then sneak attack cut them for 6x damage.

The game is really fun in that you can either play it as an honest warrior or something, but at the same time play an assasin thief. I cant stand playing games the honest way so I always chose to be an evil *******, nothing is as fun as backstabbing people who trusted you.

I'm half and half. I'll do work for the thieves guild where I dont kill, then go do work for the dark brotherhood where the soul purpose is to kill :p

I've bought and stole quite a bit of stuff. Got a house in skingrad :D

Man, some of you guys are ridiculously high levels. I think I'm only like Level 6 or so lol. A lot of the time I keep forgetting I gotta sleep to actually level up though so I'll be ready to level up but keep forgetting to sleep.

Um... about the vampire and being out in the day, it will do damage to you if you have NOT fed on blood in 24 hours. In other words, feed at night and you can walk freely in the day time.

Um... about the vampire and being out in the day, it will do damage to you if you have NOT fed on blood in 24 hours. In other words, feed at night and you can walk freely in the day time.
Yeah I found that out, but it's still a pain. I've got it cured now though and it feels good to fast travel whenever I want instead of "ehh, you cant do it while taking health damage" because I haven't gone to feed.

I like it. but not as good as morrowind.

Oblivion is too consolized, the environments remind me of something out of the metroid games on Gamecube. The world seems smaller and like there is less to do than morrowind. Freedom also seems more limited.

I still like it, just not as much as I liked Morrowind.

Does anyone know what being a vampire actually does to your character?

It looks to me like my stats have changed but i'm not sure, and you get that night vision thing.

You get speed, strength and agility or something along those lines I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom