Weight loss is hard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 18, 6ft and weigh 76Kg (~168lb). I reckon that's not too bad, if a little on the skinny side.

I don't watch what I eat at all. Burgers, chips, lotsa beer and chocs, salad, bread, LOTS of sausages steaks chops etc. I constantly snack throughout the day, pretty much eat whenever I feel like it. I also don't bother with breakfast.
I will say I don't eat much icecream tho. Usually only like 5 times a year lol

I walk about 3km a day going to and from work.
Right before I go to bed I put on some Lamb of God, Korn, or In Flames, and do 10 minutes of random reps with a pair of 11kg weights nonstop. Also do three sets of situps after that when I'm in bed, 30 then 20 then 10.

And if anything I'm still too skinny.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't believe you need to do all that 'count your calories' crap to lose weight, just make sure at the end of the day you're physically tired out. I do about 15minutes each night all up. It's not hard, and heck I sleep easier after that too.

Oreo said:
The thing i have discovered just within this evening is when my body says i am hungry, actually i am not. For if i resist the urge for 15 to 30minutes the feeling goes away. I had some dry cornflakes in a cup to munch on at around 8pm but havn't ate since. Only 3hours i know but in my usual routine at this point i would probably consume another 250 to 500calories of food.

Another easy way for me would be to change my fruit drinks to water. I have about 2-4pints of cranberry/tropical juice aday, whilst fairly healthy except for the sugar that is a good sum of calories. The drinks carton says 150calories for 250ml, theres 550ml in a pint..go figure !
Sounds like your body is interpreting thirst for hunger. Not uncommon at all, actually. Keep water nearby at all times. I usually go through 2-3L a day, easy. Replacing the fruit drinks with water will really help you out, too... good idea.

We use the Crystal Light singles a lot (I use a sugar-free green tea by Lipton, mostly). No or few calories, but it gives taste to the water. without them my wife wouldn't get half the water she should.

@S0UL- you happen to have a metabolism that can burn up whatever you eat. Most don't... I know I don't and never have, unfortunately. Every bite doesn't jump on the scales, but I can't eat anything and everything without it weighing me down. Enjoy that metabolism while you can. Middle age tends to kill it off.

Max, even if you can't do the WW point system, you can still be sensible about what you do take it. Avoid high fats and sugar. Cut down on bread, and make what bread you eat as dark as you can (think whole grain, whole wheat, etc.). Go with fruit for snacks and dessert. Try to make every meal heavy on the veggies.

Here's a few breakfast ideas we use that you might like (or anyone else). We found some whole wheat English muffins (1 point each), top each half with a slice of tomato, sprinkle on salt and pepper (maybe some garlic powder), top it with a bit of shredded cheese (just enough for taste), and toast them until the cheese melts. Another variation is to top the tomato with a scrambled egg (or sliced hard-boiled) and then add the cheese.

We also buy whole wheat bagels and use fat-free cream cheese on them as they make a good fast breakfast on the run. High fiber cereal bars are good as they stick with you.

Eggs scrambled with diced onions and green peppers, maybe mushrooms, with low fat bacon on the side (actually better than regular bacon as it is more lean, but hard to find). We cook the eggs over here... none of that custard looking stuff for us. :D Light and fluffy. Top them with a heap of salsa, or put them in a tortilla with salsa and a little cheese.

The main thing is to set your head and keep at it, mate.

Eventually you will get mad at yourself for "cheating" as well. Tonight I went to go do a leg workout and my knee started bothering me quite bad. My ankle has been bothering me for a few weeks on the same leg, and tonight both just came out in full force. I completed my workout but didn't do any cardio. I'm disappointed in myself for not doing any cardio tonight, but I will force myself to make up for it tomorrow.

I was watching on TV a few days back, and there was one of these morning shows talking about those Detox Diets. Comments there was the only thing that will be loosing weight is your wallet and there is no subsitute for a proper diet.

Sounds like your body is interpreting thirst for hunger. Not uncommon at all, actually. Keep water nearby at all times. I usually go through 2-3L a day, easy. Replacing the fruit drinks with water will really help you out, too... good idea.

We use the Crystal Light singles a lot (I use a sugar-free green tea by Lipton, mostly). No or few calories, but it gives taste to the water. without them my wife wouldn't get half the water she should.

@S0UL- you happen to have a metabolism that can burn up whatever you eat. Most don't... I know I don't and never have, unfortunately. Every bite doesn't jump on the scales, but I can't eat anything and everything without it weighing me down. Enjoy that metabolism while you can. Middle age tends to kill it off.

Max, even if you can't do the WW point system, you can still be sensible about what you do take it. Avoid high fats and sugar. Cut down on bread, and make what bread you eat as dark as you can (think whole grain, whole wheat, etc.). Go with fruit for snacks and dessert. Try to make every meal heavy on the veggies.

Here's a few breakfast ideas we use that you might like (or anyone else). We found some whole wheat English muffins (1 point each), top each half with a slice of tomato, sprinkle on salt and pepper (maybe some garlic powder), top it with a bit of shredded cheese (just enough for taste), and toast them until the cheese melts. Another variation is to top the tomato with a scrambled egg (or sliced hard-boiled) and then add the cheese.

We also buy whole wheat bagels and use fat-free cream cheese on them as they make a good fast breakfast on the run. High fiber cereal bars are good as they stick with you.

Eggs scrambled with diced onions and green peppers, maybe mushrooms, with low fat bacon on the side (actually better than regular bacon as it is more lean, but hard to find). We cook the eggs over here... none of that custard looking stuff for us. :D Light and fluffy. Top them with a heap of salsa, or put them in a tortilla with salsa and a little cheese.

The main thing is to set your head and keep at it, mate.

Yep, definitely downing them cups of water :D Infact i had 1litre for breakfest, along with some bran flakes and corn flakes, no sugar ontop ofcourse.

Definitely feel hungrier than i normally do in the morning, seems like to me all that food i was eating late at night just sat in my stomach until i got up the next morning - which couldn't of been healthy. But this will mark my first attempt at keeping the diet even when i'm surrounded by school friends gouging there way through delicious, but unhealthy, looking food. Could be interesting.

Some of them breakfests don't sound particularly low calorie, Trotter ? I'll give them a try though as i am sure you know they work.

Thanks.

edit: Does anyone else find the 30gram suggested serving of cereal really quite a pathetic amount ? There is no way you could expect that to fill up anyone except the smallest of people.

Can someone more well informed tell me if this is correct? http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/calorie_counter/fruit.htm It's telling me there is only 47calories in a 100grams of apple. That seems way to little, i would of thought more like 150 to 200 :confused:

LOL ! http://www.caloriecounting.co.uk/resources/food/calories-in-pizza.htm And i eat a whole peperroni pizza (around 6 slices in size) atleast once a week. Well thats an easy 1900calories to cut out.

The 30gram servings are abit hokey... I'd say eat a cereal bowl full. Also deferent people require different amounts. You as a teenager and a taller person will require more energy than a 5"1' 110lbs girl of the same age.
Also add an apple, or other fruit to fill you up a bit more.

The apples don't have alot of sugers in them, so I do believe that.

To be realistic, Youre not a porky guy.. yet. You don't have to really cut out completely the pizza, as its possible to be a healthy thing.

DEFFINATELY don't devour a whole pie, but a couple slices now and then, and try to sop up all the greese off iut, and try to add some whole wheat crust and what not to healthy it up, can still be an option.

Youre gonna have to enjoy this, so try to keep it enjoyable.

And well done so far.

I guess so.

Although this is parculiar, i had a moderate bowl of cereal at 9am, 2 small apples at 1pm. And nothing since then, except from quite a bit of water. And i don't feel particularly hungry. I am actually in a situation i thought i'd never be in, i need to eat ! as i have only had 400calories today.

I think a nice chargrilled chicken sandwhich would do pretty well. That'll be a few hundred calories. Or maybe some egg fried rice ? Ooo the options. The thing is once i start eating it'll make me want to eat more.

Well the Reggae Reggae sauce chicken chargrilled portions were 200calories a pop, and i'd need 2 for a sandwhich. So i convinced myself that a sliced ham sandwhich would do the job, only 60 calories :p The bread was about 120 per slice (brown). So that's what, 300cals ?

dang it was nice. But now i want some more.

Must.play.games.to.distract.self.from.hunger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom