Weekend Gaming

A little before 4am I decided to try and play Civ 6. Not knowing much about the game I went into the tutorial to figure things out. 8 hours later I just quit the game without even getting out of the tutorial. I'm not sure what I did wrong or what I missed, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be that long at all.

A little before 4am I decided to try and play Civ 6. Not knowing much about the game I went into the tutorial to figure things out. 8 hours later I just quit the game without even getting out of the tutorial. I'm not sure what I did wrong or what I missed, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be that long at all.

:lol: I've never actually played a Civ tutorial. Just throw yourself in a game and learn as you go. Civ is a huge, huge huge time sink.... Just one more turn....

:lol: I've never actually played a Civ tutorial. Just throw yourself in a game and learn as you go. Civ is a huge, huge huge time sink.... Just one more turn....

Civ games can take days to play. You might have been out of the tutorial. It might have moved you to a full game with hints. It's been years since I played civ.

Civ games can take days to play. You might have been out of the tutorial. It might have moved you to a full game with hints. It's been years since I played civ.
No I was def still in the tutorial. It was supposed to stop at 250 turns but I quit at 400. I had a clear victory on religion, science and culture but it never stopped so I guess the game expected me to destroy the tutorial AI. I played another actual game today and it only lasted 3 hours. Was taking me ****ing forever to actually up my research meanwhile China steamrolled science and had a victory from that real quick. I've never played any of the other Civ games so I have no idea the actual strategy behind it, I just treat it like a typical RTS. I had the biggest cities and biggest military but some how they just railed to the Atomic age like nothing then they won.

Well, I have played enough Wolfenstein Colossus to say its lousy - don't waste your money. I paid $20 and i feel ripped off. Wont finish it. Movement on the PC is "off" = way to jerky to shoot quickly while moving - much less running which mimics an "ape run" based on how much your head/eyes are moving around from side to side. It seems like walking is actually running and running is high level sprinting. Enemies appear from nowhere when alarms sounds- as in like 2 seconds after alarm they literally jump from above/climb from below or appear out now where and they usually know where you are instantly. Once the alarm sounds the enemies are never ending while the officer runs away. So, unless you manage to find the officer(s) and kill them before they can set off an alarm- your fighting never ending enemies until you do find them. The game makes the environment "cloudy/hazy"= difficult to see so you cannot locate the officers to shut off alarm. However, the enemies sees just fine in the haze/smoke and shoots you when you cannot even see them yet through the haze of the environment. I am dying without even seeing who is shooting me. Also most enemies are major bullet sponges to pistol, machine gun, and even a assault rifle. Forces you to use big gun with limited ammo ( large guns fail to hold ammo from home base to deployment for a mission - so you have to find a recharge or refill large ammo) or use take downs. The take downs kills are easy- but the animations are random with some taking too much time. And guess what - your taking damage from other enemies when the animations of the kill are occurring- how stupid. Ya, sure... I want to stealth kill you but will often hit you three times with an Ax and watch you fall to the floor and watch blood fly while it takes me 2-3 seconds to pull the Ax from your head or chest ( oh ya- I have three more axes on me - but I want my ax back right now). LOL . Also I hate obvious area's of "bottle necks", with random delayed explosions ( only when I am close to whatever is exploding- never saw random delayed explosion take out enemy) to make the game harder in places - then other placing its really easy. Playing about 1/2 max difficulty ( "bring it on" ) and its not much fun. Maybe its a bad port or what ever making the movement jerking on aiming - I don't know. But I will be moving onto a new game - that is rare for me as I am usually a completionist.

The New Order wasn't bad
Didn't hear many good things about this one, the videos I saw didn't impress me much either

Back
Top Bottom