Weekend Gaming

Anybody play GTA Online on PS4 in here? PC friends said **** all to it so I'm going full PS4 for this game. I'll also be playing Overwatch this weekend and next week on PS4.

Pros
  • As far as a shooter goes, it handles just as well as Destiny does (believe it or not)
  • The cast of characters is downright amazing
  • It is a blast to play in a party with friends
  • The vast amount of characters mean that everyone can find someone to play with regardless of their playstyle
  • Fun real life event related content (ex: Olympics, Halloween and Xmas)
  • Tons and tons of stats if that is your thing

Cons
  • Game modes are extremely limited and you have no control over what mode you will play
  • Unless you play with a team consistently, you are going to be stuck with some truly awful players and have a really hard time winning
  • Speaking of winning, I have never played a game where my enjoyment of it was almost purely based on whether or not I was winning or losing more than this one. No idea why that is.
  • The cosmetic character upgrades are almost 100% tied to RNG and only available after you level up or pay real money

That sounds about equal to my experience, really. And unfortunately, I was the "truly awful" player, having had zero experience with the game and reflex comparing it to Destiny (Soldier 76 is the only character who can sprint??) I see some similarities, but actions I just expected to happen due to Destiny that didn't really threw me for a loop.

I have played Overwatch since day 1. The only reason I have quit so far is because of the extremely toxic community and because they change the damn character balances like weekly. Gets annoying real fast. Now that I have an XIM4 I'll probably play it more on PS4.

Overall, it sounds like something that if I get adjusted to (and only play with friends or known acquaintances) I'd probably enjoy myself. I'm not good with sh*t-talkers and "hunters" (folks that single you out and hunt you down cause you're an easy target) and it will turn me off of any game really fast.

All of that being said, do you think it will be on sale again anytime soon?

On PS4 there isn't really **** talking because there's no chat. I mean you got voice, but usually you're in a party with your friends. On PC the text chat is ****ing horrible, completely toxic little ****s.

On PS4 there isn't really **** talking because there's no chat. I mean you got voice, but usually you're in a party with your friends. On PC the text chat is ****ing horrible, completely toxic little ****s.

Oh, sure, I get what you mean. More or less the same as Destiny. You can enter Fireteam chat or keep to yourself. I guess if you're with a team of friends it's better to have than not.

Oh, sure, I get what you mean. More or less the same as Destiny. You can enter Fireteam chat or keep to yourself. I guess if you're with a team of friends it's better to have than not.
Overwatch is $45 on PSN this week. I should have my plus account up and running after Christmas if you want to play. I mainly play Mercy, Reinhardt, and Symmetra. I think it's great that I can be be sub par at fps games but still find ways to be helpful in this one.

Overwatch is $45 on PSN this week. I should have my plus account up and running after Christmas if you want to play. I mainly play Mercy, Reinhardt, and Symmetra. I think it's great that I can be be sub par at fps games but still find ways to be helpful in this one.
That's probably the best thing about Overwatch, anyone can play.

I used to love this game. Last night I purchased it digitally and want to get back into it. Then I traded my disc into amazon. Only cost me about 5 bucks to go digital.

I'd love a game hunters night.

Back
Top Bottom