Weekend Fun Trackmania Nations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
ckmania Nations is a free racing game for Windows that distinguishes itself from normal racing games by introducing a number of additional elements to the tracks. Do you remember Stunt Car Racer for instance ? The game where you were driving through loopings and made big jumps across the screen.
This game introduces all those elements again to a racing game but provides normal tracks as well. You may start with the 90 solo missions that remind me a little bit of the Gran Turismo missions. They are divided into Beginner, Advanced and Expert Training missions and award medals if you beat the tracks in a certain amount of time. This alone is very challenging.
Tmn01.jpg
Tmn02.jpg

Besides the solo missions you can play Hot Seat, Lan and Internet as well. The real fun begins when playing on the Internet competing against human players. Several servers are suggested after connecting to the main server offering modes such as Time Attack and Rounds.
Players compete for the best time in the Time Attack mode while Rounds is basically a race for a certain amount of rounds. Team games also exist but I was not able to find out what they do.
You do need to download the game from the official site which transferred the game in great speed to my system and the latest Trackmania United patch after installing the game.
What I really like about the game is that is it easy to learn but hard to master. User generated content (new tracks for instance) is added constantly to the game and I suppose racing enthusiasts can have weeks of fun with this gem.

downloading now allways been looking at getting a good racing game just never really picked one up when i was in town

Don't forget to download the patch. If the regular site is down. Have fun trying to find the update. It took me 1 hour to find because the original site was down. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom