Watch Dogs

The "modded" version is the e3 version. All theworse did was enable the e3 effects and mess with bloom/DoF. There are a lot of big differences though, and not really things you can tell by just glancing at still shots.

I dont see how anyone can possibly know what settings/effects were enabled or disabled in the config files at the E3 show.

Too me it looks far better than the E3 build.

Look at the code, it blatantly says "e3". When you take a close look at all the little details from the e3 reveal and then their screens once they started reenabling things you can definitely tell that Ubisoft purposely botched the PC release. It was found that textures were double rendered to decrease performance. That being said once reversed even bringing the extra enhancements that were already there most people are noticing FPS smoothing and an increase in FPS due to the game not eating a ridiculous amount of VRAM anymore. The guy who made the Crysis 3 helping mods is also in on this and has pretty much fixed the stutter issues too.

The only thing that I don't approve that the guy has been doing is dicking around with DoF and Bloom. His excuse is "you have these in RL". Yea, in RL I can see further than 10ft too.

Look at the code, it blatantly says "e3". When you take a close look at all the little details from the e3 reveal and then their screens once they started reenabling things you can definitely tell that Ubisoft purposely botched the PC release. It was found that textures were double rendered to decrease performance. That being said once reversed even bringing the extra enhancements that were already there most people are noticing FPS smoothing and an increase in FPS due to the game not eating a ridiculous amount of VRAM anymore. The guy who made the Crysis 3 helping mods is also in on this and has pretty much fixed the stutter issues too.

The only thing that I don't approve that the guy has been doing is dicking around with DoF and Bloom. His excuse is "you have these in RL". Yea, in RL I can see further than 10ft too.

I just dont understand why they'd do it. It's in their interests to release the best game possible, surely.

So the difference between PC and console isn't so vast to get more console sales. That is the general consensus and Ubi has not said anything even though this has been a thing for a few days now.

The main thread.

After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working) - Guru3D.com Forums

Doesn't seem like a credible reason to me. If someone owns a PS4 they get the PS4 version. Doesn't matter if the PC version looks like gods gift to earth, they don't have a gaming PC.

And if they have a PC and a PS4, then they [Ubisoft] are quids in whichever platform they choose. It really makes no sense.

And for console owners to not buy it just because it looks better on PC is absurd. I mean that would be ridiculous. Who does that ?

I am fully behind the PC Master Race but I can't help but think Ubisoft have a genuine reason for why WD turned out the way it did. Far Cry 2 and 3 were great on PC. Splinter Cell Blacklist looks great on PC. Assassins Creed Black Flag looks great on PC. They're also a Nvidia partner. Nvidia pay them to make the game good on PC.

Noen of it adds up. I don't know what the reason is, but I think there is one other than the whole 'we are going to deliberately nerf the PC version'. Maybe they ran out of time or money, or anything like that.

I'm not even defending the game, I think it's pretty crap. I'm not a massive Ubisoft fan boy either, my heart lies souly with Rockstar Games there. But the logical side of me just doesn't make any sense of it.

Well considering the fact that PC and console are supposed to look the same on Farcry 4 says it all too.

Running out of time or money makes no sense because the content is already there.

Anyway, the game does actually have good graphics. People are forgetting that. It's hardly like it looks like ass, even stock it's amongst the best looking games on PC.

Indeed, but yet there are people who are trying to say that GTA 5 on older consoles looks better......So far I've read every post in that thread and some of the BS people spew is ridiculous.

Indeed, but yet there are people who are trying to say that GTA 5 on older consoles looks better......So far I've read every post in that thread and some of the BS people spew is ridiculous.

Lol wut. I love GTA5, but it looks absolutely awful on console. Well some parts are okay like lighting, color palette and so on. But the textures and resolution SUCKS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom