VGA Controller driver help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albo23

In Runtime
Hi, I recently installed windows xp on a friends computer. Problem is, I lost my video driver on it due to the format and I need it to make the computer get out of the small resolution 16 or 8-bit colors. Problem is, I don't know how to detect what video device he has, he doesn't have a video card that's for sure seeing as I don't see one and it's a really old computer. Is there any software I can use to detect what video controller he has so I can find the driver?

I tried device manager and dxdiag but those don't help.

have you tried windows update? the website will usually let you know what is needed. Just use the custom link to look for optional installs as well as important ones.

Right-click on the desktop, choose Properties. Click the last tab (Settings, I think), and it will have the display adapter listed.

GPUz, Everest, Belarc Advisor, SiSandra Software. Pretty sure any one of those will give you the info you need.

CPU-Z will tell us the motherboard and with that info we can find which onboard video adapter was on it. Everest Home will tell you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom