Verizon Iphone Rumors 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
By not to keen i meant i dont know much about phone GPUs, only their CPUs. Misuse of word since i was so tired when i wrote that. Also, the Tegra functions as both the CPU and GPU for any phone its incorporated in as well as incorporating everything else into it.

That's hardly special. All phones have SoC's (system on chip) which means the cpu, gpu, audio, storage controllers, etc are integrated on a single chip. Snapdragon, Hummingbird, A4, OMAP, and Moorestown are all different SoC's currently used in smartphones.

Except, the Tegra in its first implementation smoked everything on the market when it was first released but not used. The Tegra 2 is supposed to be even better than the 1st and be better than anything currently on the market yet again.

Except, the Tegra in its first implementation smoked everything on the market when it was first released but not used. The Tegra 2 is supposed to be even better than the 1st and be better than anything currently on the market yet again.

That was hardly the case. By the time Tegra launched Snapdragon was already on the market and offered way more than double the cpu performance. Even the relatively average OMAP 3430 in the original Droid was nearly twice as fast as Tegra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom