Verizon Iphone Rumors 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
There is news for Verizon customers like myself it looks like the Iphone 5 is slated for a release of quarter 2 of next year and it looks like Verizon is going to be one of the carriers. The Verizon Iphone will use the Verizon CDMA technology which eliminates the use of SIM cards in the phone. There has been no official contract signed yet but the agreement seems evident. The article below has detailed information on why a deal between Apple and Verizon is closer then ever. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Verizon Wireless Iphone release date | Buzz Biz News

Back when the 3G was out a Verizon buddy of mine (he did tech support or something) he was saying it would be between 5 to 10 years before Verizon maybe got the iPhone. Soo with that being said ill take this with a grain of salt.

If Apple wants to offer the iPhone on version it would be better to do it sooner rather than later since they still have some leverage due to their market share. Android has already taken 43% of the US market vs 26% for Apple and the gap has only been growing. In a couple of years Verizon may not even want the iPhone since it would be a multi carrier phone competing with their exclusive line of Droid phones.

I just hope the iPhone gets another carrier other than ATT. I'd like to get a smartphone but ATT's coverage around here is terrible and after using other smartphones made by HTC/Blackberry I wouldn't go with anything but the iPhone.

If Apple wants to offer the iPhone on version it would be better to do it sooner rather than later since they still have some leverage due to their market share. Android has already taken 43% of the US market vs 26% for Apple and the gap has only been growing. In a couple of years Verizon may not even want the iPhone since it would be a multi carrier phone competing with their exclusive line of Droid phones.

A year ago, if I was Verizon CEO I would have been wanting to jump on the iPhone wagon.

Today? I just don't see the point.

Because to many still buy the piece of junk and it would be a fools move not to jump on the bandwagon thats still goin strong. Were talking about Apple users here.

Because to many still buy the piece of junk and it would be a fools move not to jump on the bandwagon thats still goin strong. Were talking about Apple users here.

The iPhone isn't a bad product. Just because it's not the fastest phone in the world doesn't make it a "piece of junk."

I just hope the iPhone gets another carrier other than ATT. I'd like to get a smartphone but ATT's coverage around here is terrible and after using other smartphones made by HTC/Blackberry I wouldn't go with anything but the iPhone.

Look at Motorola, Samsung, and Dell then. If you can't find WP7 or Android smartphone to suit your needs on one of the other carriers you aren't really looking for one.

Also HTC makes dozens of models of smartphones so unless you have tried them all you can't lump them together like that.

Look at Motorola, Samsung, and Dell then. If you can't find WP7 or Android smartphone to suit your needs on one of the other carriers you aren't really looking for one.

Also HTC makes dozens of models of smartphones so unless you have tried them all you can't lump them together like that.
I have to agree with this. LG is now getting into the Smart Phone market as well with the release of WP7. Not to mention that Verizon has the Driod itself along with the Driod2 and the DroidX. Right there are 3 Smart Phones that can rival the iPhone with ease. There still is 3 days left before i can get my hands on a WP7 to test it, but after trying out the Samsung Galaxy S phones for all 3 major providers here (Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile) i can say that the iPhone certainly has to do something extraordinary to be able to match up with the newer Smart Phones that are coming out. The Galaxy S models are great phones.

To only look at a select few HTC Models and the Blackberry's you have missed a large part of the Smart Phone market to make an accurate comparison. I know someone who got rid of their iPhone 4 to get a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate. They don't regret spending the cash to buy the phone outright either. So that is saying something right there when a person is glad to spend $500 to get a phone to get rid of their iPhone 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom