Verizon Iphone Rumors 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The iPhone isn't a bad product. Just because it's not the fastest phone in the world doesn't make it a "piece of junk."
There are other reasons of which i say such a thing. The iPhone is simply a niche market right now and we all know why because its no secret.

I have to agree with this. LG is now getting into the Smart Phone market as well with the release of WP7. Not to mention that Verizon has the Driod itself along with the Driod2 and the DroidX. Right there are 3 Smart Phones that can rival the iPhone with ease. There still is 3 days left before i can get my hands on a WP7 to test it, but after trying out the Samsung Galaxy S phones for all 3 major providers here (Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile) i can say that the iPhone certainly has to do something extraordinary to be able to match up with the newer Smart Phones that are coming out. The Galaxy S models are great phones.

To only look at a select few HTC Models and the Blackberry's you have missed a large part of the Smart Phone market to make an accurate comparison. I know someone who got rid of their iPhone 4 to get a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate. They don't regret spending the cash to buy the phone outright either. So that is saying something right there when a person is glad to spend $500 to get a phone to get rid of their iPhone 4.
HTC Incredible is simply the best phone on Verizons market right now.

See i dont have Verizon, so i cant comment. But i do sell phones and i can say that i have had just as much of a buzz about the Samsung Galaxy S phone as i have had about the HTC phone. So it is a personal preference on which phone is the best. Cause what my be best in your opinion may not be the best for another person.

There are other reasons of which i say such a thing. The iPhone is simply a niche market right now and we all know why because its no secret.

HTC Incredible is simply the best phone on Verizons market right now.

I will agree the Incredible was their best phone but it doesn't stand out as much these days. The Droid 2, Droid X and Fascinate all have faster hardware and the Fascinates screen blows it out of the water. The Incredible does have a slight edge from a software standpoint thanks to Sense but there are just to many good alternatives to call it the best phone outright.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Samsung Focus. It has Windows Phone 7 plus the 4" Super AMOLED screen from the Galaxy S series of phones which should be an awesome combination.

The Fascinate is a brick like the Evo and even though both Droid 2 and X have 1ghz processors finally i would not consider them for purchase because they are Motorola. I had the first Droid and even though i love the OS the phone was simply derp to me. I went back to my Omnia (Trust, me, i did NOT want to do that). It left me with a sour taste in my mouth wishing i had spent the little extra cash on the Incredible.

The Fascinate is a brick like the Evo and even though both Droid 2 and X have 1ghz processors finally i would not consider them for purchase because they are Motorola. I had the first Droid and even though i love the OS the phone was simply derp to me. I went back to my Omnia (Trust, me, i did NOT want to do that). It left me with a sour taste in my mouth wishing i had spent the little extra cash on the Incredible.

I have a Galaxy S and they aren't what I would consider a brick, I actually though my Captivate was almost too thin to hold comfortably without a case on it.

Processor performance is only part of the picture, you also need to look at the gpu and that is one area where all Snapdragon based phones have a severe weakness. Their Adreno 200 gpu is simply blown away by the PowerVR SGX 530 in the Droid 2/X and the PowerVR SGX 540 in the Fascinate is twice as powerful as the 530.

I'm not sure what's so bad about them being made by Motorola, many people in the Android community consider them the phones to get.

I'm not trying to say the Incredible is a bad phone by any means, I love Sense and think it offers a compelling reason to look at the Incredible but anyone who doesn't consider the Fascinate and the other Droids too would be doing themselves a disservice. All of those phones offer some trade off or another so picking one will largely come down to personal preference.

Sorry i didnt make myself clear (distracted by menstrual woman and meowing kitty) the Motorola thing is personal. Ive had horrible luck with Motorola in the past and the Droid was the last straw for me (kinda like ATI and my 4890 after 4 5770s). I give a company so many chances then its game over =/

I say its a brick cause ive tried putting those huge screen phones in my pockets before and it barely fit. An Incredible fit perfectly in my pocket and it was comfortable kinda like a wallet. Now a TRUE brick would be the Storm (shutters). Im not to keen on phone GPUs besides i cant wait for the Tegra 2 to be released in phones (since the 1st one was skipped for obvious reasons) so i dont comment on those. I do know that severe slowness and non smoothness is mainly directly related to processor speed. Like scrolling in menus and browsing the web with flash content, ect. I found this out with my Omnia. After using a program to scale to full CPU speed 24/7 its actually bearable......kinda.

I have never been bothered by the size of my Captivate and considering how many people use much larger Evo's and Droid X's it can't be to big of an issue for them either.

If you don't care about gpu's in phones why do you want Tegra 2? It doesn't offer anything unique except (supposedly) much better gpu performance.

Look at Motorola, Samsung, and Dell then. If you can't find WP7 or Android smartphone to suit your needs on one of the other carriers you aren't really looking for one.

Also HTC makes dozens of models of smartphones so unless you have tried them all you can't lump them together like that.

The biggest issue I've had with other smartphones is the touch recognition. I own an HTC Touch (trying to sell it now because it didn't fit our contract) and a Motorola Crush, and the biggest issue I've had with them is the touch recognition doesn't work as good as my iPod Touch (pretty much the same is the iPhone). Most of the other touchscreen smartphones that I've used seem to be choppy or laggy compared to my iPod Touch. However the last time I looked was quite a while ago. How good is the touch recognition compared to the iPhones with newer touch screen smartphones now? If its about equal I'll probably end up getting an android phone when our current contract expires.

The biggest issue I've had with other smartphones is the touch recognition. I own an HTC Touch (trying to sell it now because it didn't fit our contract) and a Motorola Crush, and the biggest issue I've had with them is the touch recognition doesn't work as good as my iPod Touch (pretty much the same is the iPhone). Most of the other touchscreen smartphones that I've used seem to be choppy or laggy compared to my iPod Touch. However the last time I looked was quite a while ago. How good is the touch recognition compared to the iPhones with newer touch screen smartphones now? If its about equal I'll probably end up getting an android phone when our current contract expires.

Touch screens have improved tremendously since those phones were released. The Galaxy S phones in particular have the capacitive touch layer integrated directly into the display just like the iPhone 4. I haven't seen a good technical comparison of touch screen accuracy that includes the latest Android phones but I have never noticed any issues with accuracy using my Captivate. Since you haven't looked at Android phones lately I would check out whatever Galaxy S phone your carrier of choice offers first. I'm not going to go as far as saying they are the perfect smartphone since they do have a few flaws such a poor GPS reception however if you want something that will convince you that Apple has very serious competition they certainly fit the bill.

I have never been bothered by the size of my Captivate and considering how many people use much larger Evo's and Droid X's it can't be to big of an issue for them either.

If you don't care about gpu's in phones why do you want Tegra 2? It doesn't offer anything unique except (supposedly) much better gpu performance.

By not to keen i meant i dont know much about phone GPUs, only their CPUs. Misuse of word since i was so tired when i wrote that. Also, the Tegra functions as both the CPU and GPU for any phone its incorporated in as well as incorporating everything else into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom