vegetarians?

Status
Not open for further replies.
j369852147412 said:
so hickfarm i have always lived in the city and i have had this stereotype of all ppl that live on farm are hicks and they are dumb. but now i realized that i am ignorant and i should know better. i would love to try and live on a farm for a few weeks. it would be very different but i would love to try it. the thing that i dont like about the city is that there are too many rules. i was riding my gas powered scooter on the sidewalk and the police pulled me over for not having a helmet, being under 16, and riding on the sidewalk and he almost gave me a ticket. i was pretty mad because i do not care about the stupid rules. everything in the city is also very close together, its good and bad. its really convenient to go somewhere or to go to your friends house but also you dont get much privacy.

I bet you would be disgusted by some things that we have to do with animals.:p
You should try living on a farm with lifestock sometime.

Each subculture (city/rural) has their own way of going about things. Alot of folks from the bigger cities have that thinking about people from the country. Some people from the country are just as ignorant, thinking that city folk don't know how a hard days work is done. To each their own, but I would definatly suggest spending some time in rural life, just like all rural folk should spend some time in the city.

You cant describe rural life, you kinda have to live it. Soon as you turn sixteen, go talk to a farmer, see if you can't jump on a crew for the summer. Can't speak for everyone else, but you need to be prepared for long days, 16 hours or better, sometimes 7 days a week. It's not all hard work, but sometimes, it's definatly *******s and elbows to get something finished. It would be better if you had some relatives that owned some ground/cattle and you could stay with them. Not everything is hard work on the farm, there is a lot of fun. We had a pond, decent sized and we stocked it with bluegill, catfish, and salmon. (and one black bass, PM me if you want the story on that one :D) As long as the chores were done, and it wasn't harvest, on sundays we would pack a picnic lunch, take the boat, jet ski's, poles and tube to out pond and spend the day out there, just the family. Good memories. *sniff* I miss those days *sniff*

Another alternative, jump on a summer harvest crew. You will go from Texas, USA clear up to parts of Canada, cuttin wheat. Long hours, most of it boredom punctuated by a few minutes of busting your tail to fix something that broke so you can get the field cut before the storm rolls in. You will make a ton of money, mostly because you never have time to spend it :D I knew kids who made it through college like that. The would hit the crew in May, get done and collect their pay in August...go to school and never have to work during the year. I jumped on a crew for three months once, definatly an experience.

Word of advice, you cannot be afraid to get dirty, you may be greasy for 12 hours or better. Bugs, snakes, animals will all be out with you. It was nothing for a rattler to crawl across my boot. (soon as he was off I shot him, but hey, I hate snakes :S) You will sleep at night, through sheer exhaustion. Up before the sun, down well after the sun...that's the life.

i would like to try that sometimes. it would be very different than living in the city.

Where I'm originally from it's all farmland....and nothing but rednecks....and it was nice as you could do whatever you wanted with your land almost....now, god forbid you build or change something without first getting a **** permit. -_- Can't even sell food in a frikkin yard sale without getting some stupid permit....believe it or not but they actually do go around checking yard sales to make sure you have the stupid permit. It's idiotic....a tax for this...a tax for that....you owe us this...you owe us that.... -_-

^^^^^Never heard of that. Doesn't mean it isn't true, I just didn't know about it. lol...I guess I need to start selling my T-bone steaks underground:confused:

"Watch it son, that bucket has some peas in it. That's contraband."

Firefox, are you/were you in the military?

lol you need a permit for a garage sale. then i wont sell in my garage, i'll sell on my driveway. i never heard of needing a permit for a garage sale.

hillbillybob said:
^^^^^Never heard of that. Doesn't mean it isn't true, I just didn't know about it. lol...I guess I need to start selling my T-bone steaks underground:confused:

"Watch it son, that bucket has some peas in it. That's contraband."

It's a local thing that your township sets up.

Firefox, are you/were you in the military?

Nah. Unless the Aux. of the AF can be considered military....depends on why you're asking that question, I guess.

j369852147412 said:
lol you need a permit for a garage sale. then i wont sell in my garage, i'll sell on my driveway. i never heard of needing a permit for a garage sale.

You only need the permit to sell food and/or drinks in a garage/yard (whatever you want to call it) sale. However, I have heard of a few places where you have to have a permit to have a garage sale....and in most places you can only have a yard sale so many times a year or else you have to get some special permit. -_-

I never said a cop. I said a "guy". This guy actually drives around checking. I know as I had one come to my house.

Anyway, don't assume. If you'd like to know details then ask.

FireFox said:

Nah. Unless the Aux. of the AF can be considered military....depends on why you're asking that question, I guess.

I just saw that deal underneath your avatar, thought maybe it stood for C company 2nd battalion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom