User profile password rejected

Well honestly, if you made sure you are booting from the disk their shouldnt be an issue. But ophcrack can be a hit or miss. There could be something on that machine preventing it from booting. I would try the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, or even PC Login Now. A simple google search will send you on the right path. Just repeat the steps with a different software and a different boot disk. Sorry this is causing you trouble but if you cant remember your password... lol not much in the way of options here.

Hi ! Actually I remember the password fine, it's just not letting me in for some reason.

I will download the software u recommended and try them.

Btw after I burn them to the discs is there anything I need to do to make sure they operate when I put them in?

Cheers

Whoa, whoa, You remember the password its just not letting you in? How does that work? Thats an entirely new issue.

Are you 100% certain you know the password? I think you should continue with the current plan. That's unusual if what you say is true.

Yes Iam 100% sure, I use it everyday.

Very weird isn't it?

Ok I will follow the current plan and get back to you.

Btw I really appreciate this help!

Hi!

I just downloaded and burned the ISO files for offline nt and pc login now on separate discs . So all I have to do is start the comp, put them in and that's it?

Here's hoping!

Actually once IN the drive reboot it and it should boot to dvd-rom first and you should get a "to boot from cd/dvd press any key" come up on your screen so hit the space bar and it should boot to the disk and then you can go from there.

With Offline NT, you'll just need to put it in the tray, boot off of disc, and it will boot into a Linux text environment.

Follow the commands at the bottom of the screen - the stuff in square brackets ( [ ] ) are the default options, so you can just hit enter if it matches what you want to do. You'll be able to hit enter through about 60% of the options. Here's a step-by-step on how to use it:
Resetting a Password with Offline NT Password and Registry Editor - Phases of a Geek

Back
Top Bottom