User profile password rejected

octoberowl

Baseband Member
Hi

I can't access my comp as the user profile password keeps getting rejected. It does let me enter in safe mode though

I don't have any windows 7 discs for this machine, is there any way I can fix this problem in safe mode? Or some other way?

Feeling lost.....

No disks huh? At all? I would try to obtain a windows 7 install .iso and mount to a flash drive. From there boot from the flash drive and select repair your PC, it will give you an option to open a command prompt. From the Command prompt enter the following:
copy d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe d:\
copy d:\windows\system32\cmd.exe d:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
Remove the Flash drive, restart the computer.
Once at the log-in screen at the bottom left will be a little icon
This will open another command prompt.
Execute the following:
net user usernamehere changepasswor here.
i.e:
net user jeff Password1
Now login with the new password.

Hi

Ok. It changed the password in safe mode, but it still won't let me login with either the new or old password in normal mode.

Reapt, thanks for your advice but I don't know much about computers. Do you mean I should buy a windows 7 operating disc? Buy Iam in Tokyo and this is a Japanese computer

Its because its a security feature with windows. Changing it in safe mode will do nothing. There is only a few ways to achieve this. Do you know how to burn things to a disk? I would just download and burn ophcrack software to a disk and throw it in. It will start automatically and will crack the password on the login.
If this is not your computer and you are trying to break in, I dont want to recommend this. That is unethical. But this will crack the password and login for you(once in windows change the password to something you will remember). ophcrack is a free opensource software. Follow the instructions on the sites as to how to burn it to a disk.

Its because its a security feature with windows. Changing it in safe mode will do nothing. There is only a few ways to achieve this. Do you know how to burn things to a disk? I would just download and burn ophcrack software to a disk and throw it in. It will start automatically and will crack the password on the login.
If this is not your computer and you are trying to break in, I dont want to recommend this. That is unethical. But this will crack the password and login for you(once in windows change the password to something you will remember). ophcrack is a free opensource software. Follow the instructions on the sites as to how to burn it to a disk.

There's better tools than OphCrack. I use one called Offline NT Password & Registry Editor. Allows you to blank out the password (or change it - but blanking it works more often than changing it).

Hi carnage and reapt

No, this is my computer unfortunately.

I dunno how to burn things to a disc but anyway if I find out can this be done in safe mode? Or do I have to use another computer. If I use nt offline what do I do? I can't download on this computer now. Do I burn that to a disc too?

Thanks for your help with this, most appreciated

You are in a tough boat here. The only way now to access the software would be to get it from a friend's computer. I'm not even sure you can boot to safemode with networking and download the software... It could be possible. Try that. So act like you are booting to safe mode and in the list select the one that says with networking. For the burning to a disk. Go out and buy a DVD-RW disk. Throw it in your drive. Google one of the following we suggested. For example ophcrack. When you find the place to download it(for ophcrack it will be sourceforge) it should have a download option that says "Download to liveCD" Choose that one. Save the .iso file for now on the desktop. Go download free iso burner. Run free iso bruner. Simply select the iso file on your desktop and then select the disk drive for the destination. From there it is a simple process.

Back
Top Bottom