Unsupported video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will depend on who you go through. Forget Alienware since you can buy a good used car or truck for what they want! Have a look at one place that promises to sell custom gaming laptops for less. Custom, Gaming Latops & Tablets

Another place still sees over $1,000 on their gaming models. Visionman: Widow Gaming Laptops - High Quality, Custom Built Gaming Laptops - Because Your Equipment Matters.

The prices will vary quite a bit depending on what you want to see in the model you pick out. If you are simply going to be sitting at a desk the obvious choice is a custom case rather then a portable for huge price reduction when you build it yourself.

The first site there showed a few models for less then $1,000 like about $769- for one. But that likely sees a small screen as well as a slower cpu. less memory, smaller hard drive. A custom case you put together yourself would see what you want in there. These are the two choices available.

Why shouldn't I? It's the truth, I know of no one who owns an 8 series mobile that hasn't had it fail on them. The company even admitted that every 8 series was defective, some 7's... and it looks like the 9600m series might as well be too.

Well, i on the other hand know of many who havent had one fail.

Dont get a mobile 8 series. aaronkupen is right. Nvidia has stated that they are defective. You are throwing your money away.

Rican, what do you mean man? It's a known issue, we should be trying to get him to not buy it.

Not all are defective...like i said i know many who have had no issues....on these very forums several guys have them them and even fold on them with no issues.

Not all are defective...like i said i know many who have had no issues....on these very forums several guys have them them and even fold on them with no issues.

That's where you are wrong; they are all defective. It's not a matter of if they are, but a matter of when they will fail.

Well, i on the other hand know of many who havent had one fail.

I'm not surprized at all. There was probably a bad run on several that got out and since has been corrected. You can see that with boards for desktops or anything else for that matter.

Yeah dude, sell that laptop and put together a gaming beast with monitor and OS included for like $800.

That's where you are wrong; they are all defective. It's not a matter of if they are, but a matter of when they will fail.

Not true.

Do you work for Nvidia?? I dont think you do so you cant make that claim.

I'm not surprized at all. There was probably a bad run on several that got out and since has been corrected. You can see that with boards for desktops or anything else for that matter.

Of course....they just need to cover themselves. As far as desktop boards go, i have three running 24/7 on full load with no issues.

One has been running for over a year, and other two for a good 6-8 months. Overclocked as well.

If i remember correctly the main issue was heat related, and the notebook vendors sent out bios revisions which upped the fan speed....eliminating the issue.

Anyone who didnt get a bios update can just install rivatuner and turn up the fan speed manually...no biggie.

Wait wait wait ... are we living in the same universe?

First of all, do I need to work for nVidia to make quote nVidia saying that at least all mobile 8 series gpu's are defective?
Secondly, when did anyone ever say non-mobile 8 series cards were defective?

Stop trying to cloud the facts.

Well you are 100% that they will fail....and choosing to ignore the fact that Nvidia did address the issue months ago.

And yes many people said desktop boards were affected too. This is not a new thing it has been brought up many times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom