trying to upgrade to opera852

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisskin

Beta member
Can anyone please help? A few weeks ago I installed Opera 85 but now have amessage to upgrade to 852 only problem is that half way through the installation I get a message saying` the file c/programfiles/opera/zipdll is in use and cannot be installed ¬ it asks do I want to install anyway I answer yes but it comes back with the same message. It asks do I want to retry or abort and uninstall the files allready used I answer yes to abort or retry but with no luck . Tried a number of times , anyone else had the same problem? I am using windows xp.
Thanks
Chrisskin

it may be that you are browsing with Opera when trying to download the update and Opera is using that file but it shouldn't return that error anyway,

just uninstall Opera and download the new version and your problem will be resolved,

you could use IE to download the update but then you wouldn't have Opera open to check for the specific updates you require,

you could end 'zipdll' from the running processes and try and download then but zipdll is probably required in order for Opera to run or the download to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom