Think your iPods high quality ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(in my experience)

I just want to point out one thing before another Holy War breaks out - perspective is everything.

For instance, I was at a public school system where we had 1000 iMacs and 1 Mac technician. And he frequently got bored. Not everyone has the same experience with Macs.

I have heard plenty of stories about Unix servers running without complaint for 20+ years. Then again, our Windows 2003 environment here has been running VERY smoothly for 5 years straight, all things considered.

It really depends on a lot of factors. Regardless a well designed and built and maintained system should be fairly reliable.

my buddy is going to hawaii left his zune in some ones car wotn be able to get it back with in the next day before he leaves he whent out bought a sansa 16gb for the plane ride, thing is bricked out of the box, hes charged it for over a day thign wont turn on at all, now he has to return it before but only after he gets back really sucks. but things like this happen.

I always have a backup in situations like that. People think I'm obsessed but I have seen worse cases. I have 3 mp3 players that I still use today, My oldest is the LG FM20 512mb, then there's the sansa e200 with rockbox then my ipod touch which is my newest. If all that fails I still have an old mp3 cd walkman.

Just because the crappiest iPod is cheap does not mean that all the others are cheap, and it does not mean that other mp3 manufactures don't do the same thing. IMO iPod's and computer parts a overpriced a lot as it is, back when they first started making computers the makers found out how much people are willing to pay for the stuff and that's there price.

Just because the crappiest iPod is cheap does not mean that all the others are cheap, and it does not mean that other mp3 manufactures don't do the same thing. IMO iPod's and computer parts a overpriced a lot as it is, back when they first started making computers the makers found out how much people are willing to pay for the stuff and that's there price.

The history channel has a special on 80's tech. in it the interview Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple. In his own words they found that the "sweet spot" for pricing was in the $1k to $1.5k range.

Nowadays that's over priced, but they wont be changing their ways any time soon. Remember, to get into the Apple club there is a steep entrance fee.

With that though Matt, Apple doesn't have a 'low end' setup which is part of it. Granted the mid range for Apple is more than the mid range of any other company, but there isn't a low end for mac.

Uhm.. who are you to tell me if I can debate something with you or not. I own a Mac, my brother's had a Mac for 2 years now, my mom has also had a Mac for over a year. As a computer technician I repaired Mac's. I've used Mac's sparingly for all 4 years of middle school, and used them all 4 years in my high school. I have over 8 years of experience with them which includes general use, intense use, and troubleshooting/repair.

It sucks you have had trouble with them, doesn't mean that everybody will.

Uhm.. who are you to tell me if I can debate something with you or not. I own a Mac, my brother's had a Mac for 2 years now, my mom has also had a Mac for over a year. As a computer technician I repaired Mac's. I've used Mac's sparingly for all 4 years of middle school, and used them all 4 years in my high school. I have over 8 years of experience with them which includes general use, intense use, and troubleshooting/repair.

It sucks you have had trouble with them, doesn't mean that everybody will.

macs and pc's stability is all dependant of the user, if you are unfamilliar with it you will have trouble that is all it is. macs are descent systems, but i prefer my pc mostly. all problems occur from a lack of knowledge on the computer system you are using.

i very much agree with your erlier statement peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom