The Official Tech-Forums Battlefield Bad Company 2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I meant ping, but yeah. Trying to play when your ping is between 500 and 1000 is the sux0rs. >.<

I only played for about 45 minutes and all seems fine I guess. Haven't really noticed a whole lot, but one thing for sure is the hit reg is better. Not so much that your jaw would drop at noticing it, but you can still notice it a bit. Game feels a bit more whole.

That chat box is about ridiculous though... it puts a blue tint on half of my screen and you can really see the the effect on the brighter desert maps. I do like the direction they took with it though. Just do away with the blue tint and make it a tad smaller and... disco.

Played 4 games on Team deathmatch I think it's called, maybe 3 kills total. BUT I am using 3300 on board graphics if I can use that as an excuse :p.

Yea, I think overall it helped a lot. Weapons seem much more accurate, especially the sniper rifles. I still don't have toggle crouch though. Unless there's another keyboard setting for it that I didn't see. I agree James, the game just seems more whole for the most part. Knifing is much better, and the weapons seem way more balanced. Now they just need to release some new unlocks ;)

At first I didn't see that blue box around the chat, just the dark one the text is in. I can only see it if the lighting is right, still annoying though.

I think the toggle crouch is an option now, see if it's disabled.

Played for a while this weekend - lagging was an issue for the first time for me. Even when my ping said 20-25 I would lag in the game occasionally. The other thing I noticed was when you were hit/wounded I would freeze- like a was lagging = easy target to finish me off. I also had a tougher time getting into a run mode- it would kind of walk quickly- had to initiate run mode a few times for it to work. My server filter worked perfectly. A lot of hackers with aim-bots, one shot kills, etc. - still great fun though. I also was getting a weird screen on one map= everything was see through, no hands ,etc. - that happened twice- both times on the same map- cant remember the names of the difference maps. I wonder if my 5770 has a new driver or there is a issue with the new update and the ATI 5770.

You may have had crouch toggle on when you were trying to run. I've done that a few times since the patch.

I do believe ATI pushed out a new driver rather recently.

I have discovered that TeamSpeak drives my ping up way more than it should. Maybe BC2 doesn't like it. I haven't experimented with Vent yet. I played some with TS and my clan one night and still had pings up to around 500 at times. I played without TS and was able to stay on a 300 ping or less server. :D I still had some spikes and went over 300 for a minute or so, but all in all it stayed less than 200 which was a major improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom