The Official Tech-Forums Battlefield Bad Company 2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda like knowing, see on kill-cam, who killed me and where they are - so I tend to stay away from hardcore servers. I guess you could have a hardcore server that does have kill-cam "on" , but the ones that have a good ping for me are all no kill-cam servers. How do you get the M1 again? Something about playing a different Battlefield game in the past..... I killed a guy ad then picked up his M1 - it is sweet.

Well figured out why I was lagging so bad in my primary gaming system = the XFX 5770 card was not working right so now switched it to a Sapphire 5770 and that card is working great. My boys were playing BFBC2 on an older Vista AMD 6000+ ( dual core 3.0) . Anyhow- I upgraded that vista computer to win7 ( 32 bit). However since wiping the drive and installing the win7 I cannot reload BFBC2. It seems to install OK but then is says you have to upgrade via the internet to the latest version- which are huge patches. It wont let you even play the single player without upgrading to the latest version. Anyhow the patches continue to fail to download properly (3 attempts - each over a hour to try) - so we cant play on this machine now. ANY ideas on how we can get this system to play BFBC2 again.

yep tried that- downloaded successfully to Firefox, - but the install wont look for the updates on your computer- it just does this auto install window updating to newest version from unknown site, you cant see the link or see progress= frustrating. I mean my god, what if you just bought this game form Target/Wallmart/etc. only wanted to play the single player and you had no internet service !!!

I hate to say this (not really) but that's EA for you! Fail after Fail, yet we still buy their ****ty games...

OK - so maybe I spend 19.99 on a new bfbc2 from Steam?? Will that work? I have been researching and apparently EA - somehow only lets you download 3 times from the disc. It is possible with all the moves from computer to computer, failed attempts, etc. that the disc is "used up" and that is why it wont work. I will do a support request first to EA- ya I expect to resolve this thru EA = NOT!! One more reason to use Steam I guess- I always thought the disc way was the best way= WRONG.

I've had patches fail on the following games from EA: Crysis, Sims, Madden, Tiger Woods, BF2, BF2142, MoHAA, and NFS. That's all I can remember right now... I haven't bought a game outside of Steam in a long time. I think Crysis was the last. It was released in Nov 07, so yea...3 years. They just makes it so easy! The only disadvantage is waiting for the download. Other than that, patches, accessibility, etc, are all easier. Oh yea, then there's the amazing sales! Can't beat getting a good title for like $5 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom