Taking out g/f ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi again =)

nubius his the nail on the head... asking is useless at this stage. i'm also a twenty-something in a similar place, but like to see what he comes up with (some of that has to do with budget/asking too much). besides, birthdays should be different... they have to stand out somehow. i agree, a limo is a little over the top. i think that just a way to blow money back in highschool when our parents didn't want us drinking and driving on prom night.:D ... unless you have the cash and it's for added kicks.

i think themed bars and restaurants (like benihana) are more fun for birthdays. maybe get on digitalcity.com or citysearch.com and see what looks good to you.
in houston, a few of my favorites is a REALLY old church they turned into a pretty cool place to eat... kept the pews and everything. then there's a bar thats the oldest building in houston, it's actually leaning! it used to be an old bakery, but now downtown is.. well, down town! and it's still standing now serving drinks.

find a place like that where you are...it's pretty cool. history/vibe does wonders. plus there's somehting sexy about trying a new restaurant.. change of atmosphere? breaking out of the same old routine maybe?

daytime-
if she likes the outdoors, say so.... i have a milllion ideas there! i love outdoorsy(that's a word, right?) dates. actually, anything new is romantic in a way. especially if you hit the beach/lake/hills-- a few already mentioned the perks :eek:

fun movie alternatives-
ice skating, parks, bowling... don't laugh! some bowling alleys are pretty swanky now- huge big screens/neon lighted alleys/full bar. that might be fun!

romantic after dinner ideas-
rent a rowboat and take it out onto a lake and enjoy the sunset, if you live in a hilly secluded area - find a high spot where you can enjoy a good view over the city. wine is your call.:)

a few good memories-

seafood at a new restaurant in kemah (a beach community in tx. has a family feel, but pretty). boats were available, which would have been fun.. but we went home after a few rides... i don't know if everyone would go for that one, but i loved it.

wine tasting/bed breakfast (b&b's are sometimes less expensive than hotels and more fun-- this had a whirl pool, candles, etc). the drive home was scenic too because it was in hill country in tx.

oh!!!
if you know how to cook? use it... but go all out... send flowers and everything.

flowers-
does she work in a busy office environment? i know this might not be high on your list, but flowers always work because not only are the sweet gesture, pretty, etc etc... but having them delivered to work will make her day.:)

plus, they're birthday flowers... they won't be as pricey as buying them on holidays. if that's out of character, then you have an extra + because she won't be expecting them... wahoo bday surprise! and suddenly your that boyfriend everyone wishes they had. flowers are really the pre-icing that makes the day great because then everyyyyyone at work gives you attention.
oh i love attention...:D

haha anyway, i hope this helps some. that's my pov-

i think themed bars and restaurants (like benihana)
Hell yeah, benihanas rocks.....comment on somethings you said though...a few involved wine...he said she doesn't like to drink, and although I may be incorrect, I'd only assume that includes wine although I barely consider it alcohol myself.

Flowers are definitely pre-icing though lol....you can't ever go wrong with those...last time I went to a florist I was just honest with the lady, I said "Look....something sweet and heartfelt" and she gave me a nice mixed bouqet....lol, may be considered cheating, this is why you tell your GF "Baby...I picked these out just for you" :p

(can't wait to hear the ladies get onto me for that one muahahaha)

And bowling rocks as well....I used to be in a leaque...ball, bag, shoes, the whole works...unfortunately I had left it all in the trunk of my car and coincidentally was stolen :( I haven't bowled since and I long for a new ball....such a sad story I know :)

As I said, Toronto is the multicultural city of world so take her to some foreign district for dinner or something, it's too bad, back when everyone was scared of sars prices on everything were dirt cheap, you could get like a dinner, show and pretty nice hotel for 60 bucks or something.

I am 27, dated more than a few girls in my day. Dont just take her out to dinner. This is just plain ordinary. I have spent a crap load of loot on hotel rooms, flowers, etc. and have come to the conclusion that girls prefer things that are thought out as just opposed to dropping a couple bills on a limo. I dont know anything about your girl, but I am willing to bet that she would appreciate you putting some thought into it, and being original.
How old will she be? Let's say she is going to be 20. You could make her a "coupon book" that has 20 coupons promising her things that you ordinarily would not do, or dislike doing. Example: One free massage, or one dinner at any place of her choice. I know it sounds kind of lame, but girls really like it when you spend some time setting something up, even if it doesnt cost money.
I dunno if you guys live with your parents, but you could also cook her a nice romantic dinner. What does she like to eat? If you are not a cook, you could learn to make something that she really likes. I have done that, and girls have been impressed that I took the time to learn how to cook their favorite dish.
Or, you could take her on a hike, and surprise her with a picnic that was already set up with the help of a friend.
Good luck, I am sure you'll come up with something. Just try to be original and do something that she is not expecting.

sorry to hear about your bowling gear nub. it happens in skydiving too... kind of makes me reluctant to drop 4-5k ($ i dont have) on a bunch of nylon that might get stolen. <sigh> people suck.

the picnic-a good idea. i've always wanted to picnic on the beach-- a pretty one. but there's a catch on this one....
if he does something *TOO* out of the ordinary, like getting friends involved.. she might think something is up. especially if it's her bday! as in, ".......where's the ring??" OR freak her out and that could backfire bigtime.

Um, maybe if they had gone out on two dates that would be a little freaky (to go out of your way like that.) When I said get friends involved, I was just basically saying to get someone to set up the picnic, or what have you, but then leave after its set up.
JMHO, but if I was dating a girl for a couple years and she freaked out about me surprising her with a picnic, well then she would no longer be my gf ;)

you could get like a dinner, show and pretty nice hotel for 60 bucks or something.
and a deadly disease to go! :p

Picnics work well, I only used it for a 'hey I'm taking you out to lunch today' during her lunch work our and did it then...never a hike with a surprise at the top though lol...of course theres no where to hike here :p

Maybe she's a bondage queen and she wants you to chain her up...whoa whoa.....wheres my mind going.......uhh yeah picnic sounds nice :D

Excellent ideas guys!.. Got a lot of good stuff from this. I think I have something interesting developing, will post it once I finalize it.. And she's turning 22 :D..

Well, I am taking her out on Sunday, so there is still some time to settle on something.. Gotta love surprises!.. I was originally thinking of throwing in the CN tower in the middle of the date, but am deciding against that idea.. Sounds wayyy too "meh"..

Nubius - yeah, she likes jewelerry.. I've already given her a cute locket.. Perhaps, some cute earrings would do?.. I am goin shopping tomorrow!.. ANd yeah. The flower/card things is nuts.. They ALWAYS go to see what type it is.. So I've learnt that Hallmark is the way to go : p..

And sorry to hear about your bowling bag man :eek:..

Static_11 said:
BROKE UP WITH ME FOR PUTTING MY ARM AROUND HER AFTER TWO YEARS [/B]

lol.. are you serious??

Furtivefelon - great possibilities man!. I checked those out also.. A lot of potential there :D..

Gaara/Dark sniper/Harper - Good ideas guys. I was thinking of the dance thing also. Even checked out a couple places since I know my g/f likes latin dancing.. But, I think I am going to save that for "regular" date.. Something "spontaneous" ;).. The clubbing thing is also good for a night out in downtown.. But, guess its not as romantic : (..

aspire.comptech said:
ASK her, maybe?

No way man.. lol.. As nubius said, then its over!.. Finding out what she wants is a task for the rest of the year, out of sight of a special event.. If you ask too close to a big day, that's like having a big sign on your back saying "Mr. Unoriginality" :p..

Heidi - excellent ideas!.. I haven't decided on a restaurant yet, but yeah, something with a theme will be nice.. As for the flowers, she's on break from univeristy right now.. Summer off.. I could delivery them to her house in the morning :p..

Jeffrock - Picnic sounds like a great idea man. Never thought of having a friend set it up! Not enough time to set that plan into motion tho. :( But will definitely keep that it mind..

The "coupon book" idea is a great one, but SHE gave one to me recently! :eek:.. Shitz :\.. And I plan on making good use of it ;)..

Thanks for all the great ideas guys!.. Man, we should have a thread like this as a sticky.. Will really help out a guy for a special occasion :D..

As for the gifts, I am thinking of a pair of earrings right now.. Have already given her a locket and watch in terms of jewellery in the past.. What else do you guys think makes a good b.day present (non-jewellery)?.. On top of the main gift, I am thinking of throwing in a gift that has to do with what we are doing on Sunday.. More of a momento.. : D

You still haven't answered Nubius's question about if she has a equally appealing sister? If she does.....is she single? :p ;)

Edit: Even if she is more appealing I'm still interested..hahaha...I'm sorry, I could not resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom