Taking out g/f ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the hell? Why is motel 6 keep being suggested lol.....I just stayed at one like two weeks ago....you wouldn't believe it but the damn TV exploded...not like literally BOOM! SHARDS OF GLASS EVERYWHER! but I was watching it...next thing I know it shuts off, theres like 6 popping sounds that come from it and a shiatload of smoke starts pouring from it lol.

With a dinner it's hard to sincerely talk to the person because generally you're stuffing your face....with a movie everyones supposed to be quiet.....I guess it depends though, if you want to not talk then both are great ideas :D

Does she like flowers? Why don't you start off with a small bouqet of those, make sure to get from an actual flourist because most are smart enough to check the card to make sure it doesn't say SAFE WAY! (a grocery store around here) or some junk like that.

Does she like social drinking? Perhaps you know of a good resteraunt that serves good wines/margaritas or whatever she might be into...that way you can atleast still chat (hell it may buy you time to think about what your next step is haha) and while you're both at it, 'loosen up' a bit. Theres a couple places around here where they have really nice looking resteraunts with outdoor settings that at night are really low in light and serve good margaritas...good mood setters....however if she's not into drinking even the slightest scratch that :p

I don't really know what you got available up in canada though muchless a specific place like toronto so I'm trying to just throw out simple ideas here.

Flowers + a couple drinks at a nice place wouldn't cost too much.

Have you gotten a present already? Is she a sucker for jewerly or what? Theres always nice pendants or things like that you can get for a fair price at most places, even well known jewelers like Kays.

So after drinks, and displaying the present, that should kill some time, and then from there it's just up to you to find a secluded area with a nice night time atmosphere for you and YO HONEY....like I said, I don't know anything about where you live, so that's up to you to find.

GOOD LUCK...let us know how it goes :p

EDIT: Chankama, you gotta remember a lot of the people posting thus far don't even have a license :p

Rent a limo, then take her to a nice restaurant (something nice, but not extravagant. Enjoy a slow, leisurely meal, be a listener for her, and actually listen to her.

Let her know through each and every action that this night is all about her.

After dinner, take a moonlit ride through the countryside, your arm around her shoulders. Be open and honest, but don't become the talker. Be a sponge for what she has to say, but don't be a sign post.

If she loves movies, take her to a good one. Or rent a great movie, something she would love but you wouldn't.

Where the night leads is totally up to fate and destiny. Don't try to make it into something, just let it become.

Edit: 37 years old, married 18.5 years

Rent a limo
I think that pretty much absorbs his $100 limit right there lol.....I know to rent one around here is like...easily $200 an hour I think....could be wrong, not like I've really looked into em, but I know they aren't cheap.

Either way trotter is the man with a plan :D

Chankama said:
C'mon fellas. Need some ideas :p. G/F's birthday is coming up. What do u guys think would make a good date? :)

List away :D

Do not take her to the following :-
* Net/Lan Cafe
* Comic Book Shop
* Role Play Game Book Shop
* Games Workshop Store
* [edit]The shop where you pick up your anime from[/edit]
* your favorite computer store
* Adult Book Store
(Only if and when it's HER idea. And keep out of the fetish section unless she goes there first.)
* A movie that you want to see

My suggestion. Start of with some inexpensive place to heat. A nice inexpensive Chinese place in my idea.

Then see a movie. Let your GF choose. I know there is a few chick-flicks going around right now. I remember taking my last GF to Legally Blonde 2.
My ex-house mate's idea of a movie to take chicks too was to Micheal Moore Documenties (BAD)
BTW, even if you hate the film, just nod, smile and pretent that you were interested. I am quite sure she was doing the same with that 12:01 screening of Episode III.

Then after the movie, go to a cafe (the type that serve coffee with out the side order of CS or Internet) and grab a coffee and a small bite to eat.

* Adult Book Store
(Only if and when it's HER idea. And keep out of the fetish section unless she goes there first.)
BTW, this is a good sign if your GF what to walk into a XXX Book Store with you. ;)

Dan DeVille said:
Save your money. Take her to Taco Bell.

If you spend that much on her you BETTER get some.
The problem with Mexican food is the side effects. The last thing that you want happening after a romantic night candle lite dinner as TACO BELL is that you are going down on her, and she breaks wind (or visa versa).

I am quite sure you have seen the movie MALL RATS. :p

rofl!.. Good ideas guys.. ;)

Nubius - yeah that happened to me once man. Picked up some flowers from the local grocery store (the florist was closed damnit!), and I forgot to remove the tag :rolleyes:.. And when I saw it and went to remove it, she saw it.. Doh!

And yeah. She doesn't drink :(.. So the drinking idea is a no go..

Trotter - the limo's no good man.. Too expensive. lol.. Wish I had the money of a 37 year old :p..

Harper - I don't want to do the movie thing man. My g/f feels that its not original enough :rolleyes:. I've gathered this from our previous "casual" conversations.. Same goes for stuff toys and chocolates as presents.. lol

And yeah. No tacos!..

Gaara - Already did the downtown thing recently man :p.. Unfortunately, can't reuse it. lol

i been with my gf for about 4 months, her b-day is coming up as well ... lol im just gonna sit here n read what yall have to say, teach me something hehe...

[edit] 14 months*

Now if ur gf is like the computer nerd type ... go to a Lan party ... haha j/k

My idea of a nice romantic setting is just going down to the lake ... (Yes it stinks a little, but my gf's about as contry as me, she doesnt care) .. If the lake isnt ur tase, go somewhere deserted .. Flowers are great yes! My gf loves randomly getting flowers ... But not from Wal-Mart ... lol

But I still have to say go somewhere alone ... peacefull, away from the hustle n bustle of the city ... Somewhere u can be alone and both be open.. Maybe a candle lit picnic? Hell I think i may just do this ... hehe

My idea would save about $70 (US).. About $15 on gas and about $15 on a nice boqet (sp?)

Now If you go to the lake n u happen to have a nice little paddle boat, then thatd prolly be awsome ... heh, is ur gf and outdoors type? If so she may like this. If not, dont try it.. But this is about all I can think of and I htink i figured out what im doing ...

[Edit] I can not type worth crap tonight ...

I am quite sure you have seen the movie MALL RATS.
hahaha, yes I have, great movie.

Not only are movies not original, like I said, on most occasions it's better to have a scenario where you can sit and talk....of course this is just my opinion ;)

Well if she cant drink then how about you get her a Shirly Temple :D

Sucks you got busted with the grocers flowers lol....I remember that was like the first thing my GF and her sister checked when I brought her flowers...I was thinking "Yeesh, freakin wolves" as they went tearing for the card just to make sure it was from the florist.

Same goes for stuff toys and chocolates as presents.. lol
How about jewerly? You never answered on that...

What else does she like though....get something based on a hobby of hers, or something like that.

I'm kinda runnin out of ideas lol...especially since I dont know what you got available to you up there.....she seems like she's really expecting something all out and wonderful soooo.....all I gots to say to that is GOOD LUCK buddy lol.....one false move will ruin ya for life!

"You really need Feng Shui..."

1. Buy a Magnum 45

2. shoot yourself with it.
:rolleyes:

Or you could try this:

1. take that $100.00 you have,
2. Invest in some small company
3. pray to God that business is profitable.

And last but certainly not least:

1. Buy a Ninja outfit, http://www.martialartsmart.net/16-01xxs.html

2. buy a Smith and Wesson 9mm pistol from a swapmeet somewhere,

3. Rob a "Bank of America " in Los Angeles, lol

4. take a 1 hour drive to the Mexican border. It's that simple.;) :p :cool:

3. Rob a "Bank of America " in Los Angeles, lol

4. take a 1 hour drive to the Mexican border. It's that simple.

Woah ... lol ... 1 hr drive from L.A. to Mexico? I Live in north central Tx n it takes roughly 8 hrs lol

heidi said:

hahaha what was this reply all about??
>>just make sure theres no awkwardness......

VERY BAD EXPERIANCE... this was about two weeks before she broke up with me for putting my arm around her btw...( two years... )
were at the movies.. the movie ended.. i kept trying to grab her hand.. she noticed and kept pulling away.. it was silent the whole way home...

BROKE UP WITH ME FOR PUTTING MY ARM AROUND HER AFTER TWO YEARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom