steam problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam is evil!!!!

It took me 9 hours to install Half-Life 2, yes, you read that right, 9 flippen hours!!!!

I beat HL2 in a few hours, about half the time it took me to install it.

I will NEVER buy another steam game again. My only advice is stay away; far, far, away. :p

My Steam Still Isn't working, Even after I cleaned my system of spyware, and got rid of AOLacsd, Spycatcher express and re-updating steam, Valve has yet to get back to me....... Has anybody figured this out yet?

Yah my step brothers Counterstrike was doing the same thing and after i disabled the windows firewall it works. Not sure if theres a coralation with the two but maybe you can check that out.

post a hijackthis log in the appropriate forum just to be sure its not spyware/malware.

What next?

What should i do next, I still Can't load steam, I have a a clean HJT log, and I have windows firewall allowing both steam and Hl.... Steam can update, so it can connect, it just won't run......

K M A N said:
Ive got a major problem only with, Steam games. CS:S , DOD:S, HALF LIFE 2 Death Match. I start them up and i get a message on my monitor saying. 'Signal out of range' sujesting that the resolution isnt supported, then i put it in 640x480 mode 'safe mode' and it still doesnt work.

Im very annoyed

Maybe its your refresh rate?

lastshot: maybe it is updating steam.
depending on your conn speed, it can take a while.
I know on mine it took about an hour to update hl2 and css.

Guys, don't knock Steam just because YOU can't figure things out.
I run it on a 64bit system.(just something else added to configuration) And my firewalls are on.
You could try checking MS updates, and see if there's anything for your system that could be a fix.

Once you get things sorted, it'll be ok. Steam is a great gaming engine, and it craps out waaaaayyyy less than the NFS engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom