Starcraft II Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems we're on different servers. That's a bit of a letdown :(

I want to hear what you have to say about the game :tongue:

I've been playing quite a bit.. went up in rank ;)

Ladder3d.png

Prof3rd.png

Hopefully I can stay above rank 8 to see what this tournament is :omg:

I have really been enjoying it. I have not had the time to play as many matches as you (1wife + 2kids +2jobs = not too much time :() and have been adjusting to some of the new strategies.

For now I have just been playing Teran to get my feet wet and seem to win about half the time.

Gameplay is smooth. It is not a demanding game so you do not have to have a powerhouse of a machine to play.

Terran are my favorite right now :tongue:

I was looking through the gamespot guide for this game.. The graphics seem very scalable. There's a negligible difference (if any) between Ultra and Extreme shaders. I turn everything as high as they'll go just 'cause I can :tongue: I don't see any framerate drop between Ultra and Extreme, so I'm good there.

My old favorite from SC: BW were Protoss > Zerg > Terran, in that order.. Now I think it's Terran > Protoss > Zerg. I used to be a Hydra / Lurker rusher, but since they took out Lurkers (replaced 'em with Roaches), I just don't have that same love for Zerg.. Lurkers were just too awesome :tongue:

One thing I've learned from this game as opposed to SC:BW: Diversify! In Brood War I used to spam a single unit type early game (Marines, Hydralisks, or Zealots / Dragoons).. Now I go all through the tech tree.. For Terran, it's Marines, Medivacs (which replaced the Medics and Shuttle.. combined them), Reapers, Marauders, Vikings, and Hellions.

I really like the gameplay. I just wish I had more people I know to play with :tongue:

Yeah I find I am more diversified as well.

Used to be marines and tanks, hydralisks and mutalisks, zealots and cannons.

I am enjoying the viking ability to drop into the workers and disrupting economy early.
No one seems to protect their workers with air defense.

I make sure mine's protected. I've gotten screwed over too many times because of that :tongue:

I also find running Reapers in behind is very effective. They're fast and can hop ledges.. and on some maps (the map that really comes to mind is the only desert map we can play right now.. Desert Oasis?) you can just jump directly behind the mineral field and take 'em out really fast.

Yeah my first game I got schooled by reapers. Thought I was protected and did not worry about worker defense so early them bam I was done.

Yeah, I think it the specs played a role.

I want to know what this end tournament is.. :omg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom