SOS Emergency ! Trojan, Non cannot access WindowXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi hefemeister,
thanks for the info,
the option 1 works fine, after boot from the win XP cd, the only option is delete partition , create partition and install - HOw can i just recover the hal.dll or other missing files?

thanks

thanks again. But the problem is - i cannot access the recovery console. the only option i have there is the formatt partition and install

I just realize the partition C: is empty .. how is it possible ?

So you will have to do a repair installation. follow the directions in the link provided. You choose to install and then you can repair a selected xp installation.

hhaha , i gave up - I cannot do a repair installation. I can only format the drive for clean install.. i mean there is no repair option in my case.. no idea why.. from the partition c: - the menu said it is empty-- no windows installed.

Now come to the last resort, I will try to backup all the importnat files and do a clean install ... in HP recovery disk, if i press alt +D , then i can come to command and prompt... then i hope i can move the files

HI, Now i cna attached the laptop HD to my desktop - is it possible to replace the corrupted files from windows? IF yes. what can i do

look on the xp disk here we are assuming it is drive d: for this file.
d:\i386\hal.dl_

then copy it to the laptop harddrive here.
X:\windows\system32\hal.dll

See if that fixes it. Good thinking.

I realize the whole system 32 is not in the windows folder.. i think that is why before it doens work at all... is it ok to copy my system 32 in my desktop to the laptop HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom