SOS Emergency ! Trojan, Non cannot access WindowXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop has 2 partitions - one is for windows and the other one is recovery drive

I try the HP recovery .. then restart .. same thing happens.. the windows loading for a while in the boot screen - then blue screem for less than a second- then restart.

How can i replace the hal.dll in command and prompt

so you can get to a command prompt with the xp disk insterted?

When you reach the command prompt (detailed in Step 6 in the link above), type the following and then press Enter:

expand d:\i386\hal.dl_ c:\windows\system32\hal.dll

Assuming d: is the drive letter for your cd drive. If not replace it with whichever drive letter is assigned to it.

From here
Restore Hal.dll - How To Restore Hal.dll From the Windows XP CD - Hal.dll

Originally posted by Mak here.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/s...on-cannot-access-windowxp-204525/#post1627125

first thansk for the reply. I did all that - replace the hal.dll but same problem still occurs

when I boot from winXP cd, the windows said there is no harddisk proper installed or thing like that

what can I do ?

what model of laptop do you have. XP does not have built in sata drivers so you need to have them if your drive is sata which is what it sounds like based upon the error. If you are using the recovery cd they should be slipstreamed in but if you are using a retail copy you will need the driver at the time when it says press f6 to install 3rd party drivers.

If you are using a retail copy of xp you will need to use nlite to slipstream the driver if we can locate it into a xp install disk. Unless your laptop has a floppy drive.

It is the original copy from HP
But it donest make ssense- because the recovery is in partition drive D: so the harddisk must be working. beside i run a diagnostic test of the hd

Ok. Your laptop was right in between vista and xp. Which means it is using sata hard drives which are not natively supported by xp. It seems most of these shipped with vista and many people were trying to install xp on them.

Option 1) Went to bios-->system configuration-->SATA Native Support-->changed enabled to DISABLED
Then try to perform the repair of xp after that.
Source
There is more info there.

If that does not work option 2

Option 2) download the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers and use nlite to slipstream into an xp install disk.

Kind of a pain. Get the file here. Download Locations

Download to the root of your c: drive
go to a command prompt and type
iata88enu.exe -A -P C:\extract\IMver8
Press enter

This will extract the inf file to C:\extract\imver8\winall\Driver
Those are the 2 inf files you will need to use nlite nLite - Deployment Tool for the bootable Unattended Windows installation to slip stream a xp install disk.

This was modified from other versions I saw because the file was just too hard to find directly. It is not available on HP's website and why they would give you a restore disk without these files slip streamed is beyond me.

Use the slip streamed disk with no f6 action required.

You then should be able to use the slip streamed disk to do a repair installation of xp which will restore all system files while keeping you programs and data intact.
How-to repair Windows XP

If you want you can send me a pm with your email and I can email you the inf files for ease if option 1 did not work.

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to ensure the OP saw this edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom