PC acting wierd

metal11

Baseband Member
I recently reformatted and when I go to install the graphics card from Nvidia's website I either got a BSOD loop, or it will say that the driver is not meant for this version of windows( when i know I'm downloading the right one, same thing happens with Geforce experience). Now if i am not in safe mode it will boot into windows and after a minute or so it will BSOD and restart. computer is about 6 or so years old. not sure what other info to put here, TIA

The file crashing is nvlddmkm.sys

Last edited:
Boot into safe mode and use this to remove ALL GPU drivers.
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Unplug your ethernet or disconnect your wifi so Update doesn't install the cached corrupted drivers.
Then install using the file your downloaded, assuming it is correct.
ok so I tried running that and it said i needed to updated to .net 4.8, tried to download that and it says I cant install in safe mode, and that .net 4.8 is not supported on this operating system. Also there are no display drivers installed in device manager.

ok so I tried running that and it said i needed to updated to .net 4.8, tried to download that and it says I cant install in safe mode, and that .net 4.8 is not supported on this operating system. Also there are no display drivers installed in device manager.
You can't install programs like that in safe mode.
Doesn't matter about device manager. If there's an nv file crash then they're cached in the OS which DDU will remove.
What are your system specs and OS

You can't install programs like that in safe mode.
Doesn't matter about device manager. If there's an nv file crash then they're cached in the OS which DDU will remove.
What are your system specs and OS
Windows 10
I7 6700 4.0 ghz processor
8gb ddr 4 3200 ram
2x gtx 1080s
850w psu

I've tried reformatting again, still have the same issue

What are the specs and name brand/age of your power supply?
An nvlddmkm.sys error would point to a driver issue but something else could be affecting those video cards

That error is generally GPU hardware failing. Since he has 2 cards one might be failing and they need to be tested individually. Typically in SLI it's the top card since it runs the hottest.

That error is generally GPU hardware failing. Since he has 2 cards one might be failing and they need to be tested individually. Typically in SLI it's the top card since it runs the hottest.
I switched the position of the cards it still happens

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom