Share Play schedule

So if someone uses Shareplay does that mean I have to watch them play on my screen

Oh I also have access to

COD ghosts
Wolfenstein

Last edited:
Re: plants vs zombies garden warfare

i would think restricting acces to alpha's and beta's would just be common sense as they generally only have limited access to begin with

I missed this point:

6) All Games, No Exceptions

Sony representatives claimed that Share Play works across all PS4 games. When asked whether publishers can opt-out, they suggested that there was no existing option to do this. When asked to clarify on the matter further, the representatives offered an unequivocal indication that Share Play will work on all released PS4 games, providing they do not need an additional peripheral. Publishers cannot opt-out of this, GameSpot was told.

Better co-op while you can, before publishers patch the "only alphas/betas" access in and you can't SharePlay existing games anymore :p.

Better co-op while you can, before publishers patch the "only alphas/betas" access in and you can't SharePlay existing games anymore :p.

Unless there is some sort of lawsuit or shady dealings behind closed doors, I don't think publishers are going to have any recourse to stop this. Part 6 specifically states that there is no existing option to opt out and since Sony is facilitating the connection through their hardware, seems like it is impossible to stop. It would be like stopping people from playing co-op in the same house.

I was under the impression that only games that have couch play co-op would this work on. Single player games it would not. I could be wrong

Same thing that I thought, but there are actually two options when sharing. One allows the remote person to just play the game and the other allows you to play together. Obviously in order to play together the game have to have a co-op feature.

PC Fanbois would like to think this.... don't hate

Eh, not a PC vs Console thing at all - it's more of a ****ty publisher thing :p.

I don't have much faith in publishers :lol:.

The way it's worded makes it sound like they could patch their games to not be compatible with SharePlay though - and only allow Alphas/Betas? Or am I interpreting that wrong and they mean that publishers/developers can also deploy Alphas/Betas with SharePlay compatibility?

Back
Top Bottom