Shadowman on PC

Senile Animal

Baseband Member
Has anyone played this game before? It was released in 1998 (I think) and, It is about voodoo and serial killers and is a pretty good survival horror game. When I was a kid I got it for my birthday on the N64 and it scared the crap out of me with the creatures, the music and the overall atmosphere. I recently bought it on Ebay for PC and although it had it's moments and is still a good scare, I did not realize how repetitive the music is. Anyone have thoughts on the game?

Yeah, I think it was one of the better games of that year graphically. If you ever played Super Mario 64 it has a similar concept. On Mario 64 you have to collect stars to open doors with each door requiring more stars to access. Shadowman does the same but you have to search for and take "Dark Souls" unto yourself in order to get the power needed to break sealed gateways. I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of survival horror. Even if you play it once it is still worth it to see the enviroment and the spooky atmosphere. I also think despite mediocre voice acting the characters are interesting, especially the main villian/boss.

Yeah, I think it was one of the better games of that year graphically. If you ever played Super Mario 64 it has a similar concept. On Mario 64 you have to collect stars to open doors with each door requiring more stars to access. Shadowman does the same but you have to search for and take "Dark Souls" unto yourself in order to get the power needed to break sealed gateways. I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of survival horror. Even if you play it once it is still worth it to see the enviroment and the spooky atmosphere. I also think despite mediocre voice acting the characters are interesting, especially the main villian/boss.

I'll give it a try for 64. Need an excuse to use my controller adapter again.

The n-64 version is just as good from what I remember. Not much is different aside from slightly more blocky lower res graphics.

Back
Top Bottom